Home

Your Favorite Little Change About M13

This is a discussion on Your Favorite Little Change About M13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Your Favorite Little Change About M13

As a guy that hasn't enjoyed playing Madden since it's been on next gen consoles (besides maybe M10), I have to say this has been a breath of fresh air for the most part. There seems too be so many little tweaks made to help improve game play. My favorite little tweak has to be the LB play...they actually (typically) get most of the tackles. I picked up Laurinaitis and I got 13 tackles in games with him which is just something I really haven't seen in Madden, and he (or another LB) is steadily getting a high percentage of tackles. I also like that when diving for a tackle now, the defender wouldn't just dive out the way but adjust to where the ball carrier is too.

What's one of the little things any of you guy seen or do that you enjoy that's new for M13?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Your Favorite Little Change About M13

Huh, I guess I just realized no one had started a 'little things' thread for this game yet.

Well I've got a few:

--I like that picks seem legit this year; it's my fault when they happen, not some super LB or psychic DB.

--I like how receivers look for the ball and the catch animations.

--Post-patch, I like how the physics are working (for the most part, not all the way there yet)

--Better presentation and commentary

--I like that I can change the weather for a game by restarting it

--The game just plays great on the field this year

--I like the crowd noise and swells this year

Those are a few things. I have a list of stuff I'd like to see fixed as well, but that's what ALL of the other threads are for LOL

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0

*I had a great instance where a RB got held up during a tackle at the line, with a linebacker trying to pull him to the ground as he continued to fight for yards. I stepped up from FS and nailed him with the hit stick and forced the fumble. Previously impossible in other Madden games.

*I've had an interception in the same career with my FS off a lineman's helmet. Throw came in, DT tried to stop it, hit his helmet, looped up, I caught it.

*I've seen the CPU get caught for delay of game multiple times. Never seen that before.

*I like how you can frequently run past people instead of tackling them. If you don't use proper fundamentals, slow down, side step and tackle, you can often just get nothing but thin air when you try and tackle a ball carrier while just sprinting towards them.

Little things, but nice to see
Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
*I've seen the CPU get caught for delay of game multiple times. Never seen that before.
whoa! really I thats like offensive PI it NEVER happens!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

THIS!! I've actually seen people complain about getting picked off too much. Uuhhhhh, stop throwing to covered receivers.

I love the graphics. They seem more "round" and more organic. Sorry, those are probably weird words, but they're the best I can think of to describe my feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan

--I like that picks seem legit this year; it's my fault when they happen, not some super LB or psychic DB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
*I had a great instance where a RB got held up during a tackle at the line, with a linebacker trying to pull him to the ground as he continued to fight for yards. I stepped up from FS and nailed him with the hit stick and forced the fumble. Previously impossible in other Madden games.

*I like how you can frequently run past people instead of tackling them. If you don't use proper fundamentals, slow down, side step and tackle, you can often just get nothing but thin air when you try and tackle a ball carrier while just sprinting towards them.
I've noticed and benefited from these two things as well. I forced a fumble but out of bounds the same exact way and thought the same thing, "this would have never happened in other Maddens". And the tackling system now is great. A lot of extra unexpected yet good surprises from this Madden.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

I really liked Gun Bunch Quads formation in NCAA, & I'm really glad EA
added it to Madden this year.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

My favorite thing probably happened today with the IE. a guy had me from behind, another guy hit me. I fell on top of the guy with my back on his chest. Play kept going, because my knees didn't touch and got up to keep running. Only got six more yards, but the feeling was great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »