Home

Will we ever see something in Madden like we did in the Oakland game last night?

This is a discussion on Will we ever see something in Madden like we did in the Oakland game last night? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Will we ever see something in Madden like we did in the Oakland game last night?

Long snapper goes out early in the game, the "backup" long snapper is a guy who hasn't snapped since high school, which leads to a blocked punt and two fumbled punt snaps on special teams.

It's always bugged me how simple and boring the special teams plays out on Madden, especially on the punting/kicking side of things. You seldom (if ever) see a blocked kick, a bungled snap, a muffed punt.

I know, they happen so seldom in real life, too, but you see them at least once a year (and in the case of last night, ALL NIGHT LONG).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Hades71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will we ever see something in Madden like we did in the Oakland game last night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver
Long snapper goes out early in the game, the "backup" long snapper is a guy who hasn't snapped since high school, which leads to a blocked punt and two fumbled punt snaps on special teams.

It's always bugged me how simple and boring the special teams plays out on Madden, especially on the punting/kicking side of things. You seldom (if ever) see a blocked kick, a bungled snap, a muffed punt.

I know, they happen so seldom in real life, too, but you see them at least once a year (and in the case of last night, ALL NIGHT LONG).
Yeah i never understood why long snapper was even in the depth chart, never noticed it having any effect.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Will we ever see something in Madden like we did in the Oakland game last night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades71
Yeah i never understood why long snapper was even in the depth chart, never noticed it having any effect.
To give the illusion of realism. It's kind of like a tofu steak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 09-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Honestly, if something like that happened in Madden people would be losing their **** about the game cheating them.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
To give the illusion of realism. It's kind of like a tofu steak.
LOL funny.. Tofu is a sub for the real thing MEAT...lmbo... BTW they get cut anyways so there really isnt any reason why they made this position... lol in CCM after the first season or even before you'll see them cut so in a just 1 season you will see either the back up center LS or your starting C at LS<>lolI dont think its in the game, Maybe when i was 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Honestly, if something like that happened in Madden people would be losing their **** about the game cheating them.
ALL-MADDEN make the oppenent almost impossible to stop... Side line catch wait the CPU WR was out of bounds but the game still call it s catch or the other way around i make a catch on the sidelines make sure the two feet are down in bound and still i loose the challange and a T.O. so the game already provides this cheating...
Also the fair catch deal is really krazy that you hear Natz say fair catch signal was called but then you see the CPU start running i was like WTH is this new rule i the NFL once you fair catch you ,fair cath it !no one should be running after the catch....

Last edited by PanthersGM305; 09-11-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I can't like this enough. After the great robo qb debacle ea makes qbs more erratic. So now whenever a qb throws a bad pass you have people recording it and saying see the cpu cheats.

People play man coverage with no safety help over the top and get beat deep and man covetage is broken.
Imagine the outrage of a randomly rolled snap over the punters head that cosy one of these guys a game. they would go ballistic.

Edit: I didn't even get my post out before my point was proven.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 09-11-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

I liked the special teams in what I believe was NCAA Football 09 possibly, where the kick meter didn't start until after the punter caught the hike, or the place holder during field goals had the ball. There was a delay aspect to it, but it was realistic, because with long snappers, now that position would actually matter.

Online if I come out in a block punt formation and the opponent goes max cover punt, I should come really close to blocking that punt or blocking the punt altogether. Special teams is too robotic, same thing over and over. I haven't even tried to see if I can block a punt when the opponent is on his own 1 yard line.

I'm glad they went back to the analog stick for kicking, now of they can make kick accuracy ACTUALLY matter, and find ways for the defense to block field goals and punts, I think special teams would be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »