Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #2 Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
All,

Here’s a short breakdown of what was included in title update #2 that released today. As always, we’ll be watching the forums and looking for your feedback.
  • Added an Instant Start option to Connected Careers as a player
  • Numerous commentary improvements to address when lines trigger and what they say.
  • Added a trade notification in CCM for the NFL Draft
  • Fixed social media sharing post-game to address spacing issues
  • Improved the GameFace feature
  • Fixed Challenge Audio to make the appropriate call
  • Improved Physics Get-up post play
  • Adjusted created players in Connected Careers so that they always have high progression grades despite their backstory choices
  • Fixed defensive assignment issues against the CPU AI when users were in Man Coverage
  • Increased the chances to trade for a CPU team’s starter
  • Adjusted the scouting development trait in CCM to display as (Slow, Medium, Fast, or Superstar) instead of 0-3.
  • Added the ability to post results from H2H MUT games on Facebook/Twitter.
  • Numerous stability issues around the game in general were also included in the update to improve the overall experience and Connected Careers specifically.
So if it's not on this list, then it wasn't updated?

I don't see a single one of my concerns addressed in this patch. Very disappointing.

On another note:

-The social media sharing issue - what is this in reference to? I had the game freeze on me once when I tried to share my game results on Facebook, is that what this is in reference to?

-GameFace feature - Do I have to restart my CCM for this to take effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipup
Guys they can't fix all the pressing issues right off the bat. The game has been out for 2 weeks? I'm sure they're working on these bigger issues. These fixes were probably the easier ones so they were able to be pushed out sooner. Why does improvement to a game have to be bitched about?

I remember reading the reviews of the game when it came out and many people were talking about the physics after a play and how it was very noticeable and just looked bad. They fixed it, now people cry how it was fixed.

If EA can't do anything without people crying about it. Maybe it's just that I remember the bad over the good. People complained that Madden was going no where and it was the same old thing. They introduce CC and people say "I was want the old franchise mode." I really do feel sorry for EA, sure they need to fix some things (CPU AI in situations, editing, maybe Co-op) but just overall they put out a good product.
Maybe because this game was pretty much released in an unacceptable state, with bugs that plague the game throughout pretty much every aspect of it, or features missing that greatly tarnish the ability to enjoy it to its fullest extent?

Schemes don't work. Schemes are a very major part of Connected Careers, and they simply don't work. Something not saving is a very major issue that should not be in existence at release, let alone "2 weeks later". We should not have to wait a month for this to be addressed.

Formation subs and in game options not saving from game to game is a very tedious issue that should not be in existence at release, let alone "2 weeks later".

Things like players falling down at the end of a play due to faulty physics is annoying, but has no bearing on the actual game itself. I'd much rather see their first 2 weeks time resources spent on schemes, formation subs, in game options, and the ability to edit jersey #'s than this.

All that said, I am getting way off track. To Dewiel, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and giving us this information. Very helpful. Thanks!

As far as the actual feedback of the improvements, I'm not excited about it, but I've said my piece. What I wanted wasn't included. Hopefully they are included in the next update, because not a single one of my issues with this year's Madden was addressed in this patch.

Except perhaps social media sharing and that man to man coverage bug... That is, if it is what I think it is.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 12

I have not had the time to check out this patch today. I run a 32 team league here on OS...and I could use a little help with answering questions.

If we adjusted sliders in our CCM, did the patch do anything to nullify our adjustments? Do we have to make the adjustments again? How do user vs user games play in CCM (all modes, the gameplay is different)?

Also, any news on a fix for accelerated clock and conventional playcalling?

I read through the thread and didn't see anything. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:27 AM   #51
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
I call a running play and my fullback goes down with an injury, he is frozen when they show him and go on about his family watching and how it looks like a serious injury and he's getting carted off. Next play he's back in the game like nothing happened. Anyone else see this? I have installed the patch. CCM online with just myself in the league
This happened to me twice before the patch even released.

Sam Bradford got hit while throwing and the announcer said this is a serious injury and he's back on the field next play like nothing happened. I play offline CC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #52
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

sounds like a solid start, but now they need to back it up with a more comprehensive update 3. what do you guys think when will it be out?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 09-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #53
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Should be Oct.

I'm giving this game one last chance. Real talk. I remained optimistic until now. Patch 3 will be the straw that broke the camel's back if it doesn't live to it's expectations.

Sure, the game plays fine for a lot of people, but for others like me, it's missing the immersion factor. Folks who like to pick up and play, not worry about stats or just likes the competition will have a blast with this game. Others not so much.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #54
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Niiiice...looking forward to giving this a spin tonight in Play Now...Saints vs Skins and Bengals vs. Ravens.

Crossing my fingers that somehow we can get spectate mode in CC online or offline and 32 user team control.
I can attest that post-game sloppiness is toned down quite a bit, but...

I still had the man covergae bug/glitch, which RUINED a perfectly enjoyable game.

Very frustrating to try to enjoy this game. I don't even hold it to some "sim standard" or anything like that, I just want to have fun and re-experience the NFL matchups I enjoyed most during the weekend on the virtual gridiron, but the bugs and glitches man, the bugs and glitches...

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

ACCELERATED CLOCK IN ONLINE CCM AND THAT DAMN RUN COMMIT BUG... pity to see the only two things I REALLY wanted to be fixed got ignored
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 1

Here is a dum,b question or two:

when creating a coach i have to pick playbooks. it assumes you know what each playbook is. i want to play 3-4 however unless you know you may pick a 3-4 playbook. if i pick a 3-4 or pick 3-4 and then prompts me with playbooks that are in the majority 3-4, then changes in schemes should be automatic, like prototype mlb to run stopper 3-4 or balanced at minimum

another thing is on the old player management screen i could see easily ovr/age/cap/salary/bonus/yrl. its squirrelled away now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »