Home

On fence to purchase Madden...Please help

This is a discussion on On fence to purchase Madden...Please help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
On fence to purchase Madden...Please help

Okay guys....

Every year around this time I'm on the fence with purchasing this game and trying it out. There are few things I need in the game as an offline player that will get me to fork up the 60 bucks and give it a try. Guys..please help and let me know of the following:

1. Is it true that Sideline view is not available in CCM? This new franchise mode should still reflect how we watch football on Sunday (upside down view at the 50 notwithstanding). If this is true, that and the combination of not being able to watch other weekly games would keep this game in the store for me.

2. Has EA given any hint that eventhough we cannot custom anything in CCM, there may be a future patch that would at least let us edit positions and/or jersey #s?

3. Is it easy to sign whatever FA you want like in past years? I really need someone honest opinion on this one.

There are some others but I don't want to be a burden too much, at least not yet. lol Please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: On fence to purchase Madden...Please help

EA hinted yesterday with the patch that they are working on an update for player editing. It's on the front page of OS.

Free Agents are harder to sign this year. Not impossible, but you definitely can't get just anybody you'd like without over paying a lot. Even then, some will refuse to sign with you.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewkyleyoung
EA hinted yesterday with the patch that they are working on an update for player editing. It's on the front page of OS.

Free Agents are harder to sign this year. Not impossible, but you definitely can't get just anybody you'd like without over paying a lot. Even then, some will refuse to sign with you.
Thanks a bunch Matt. Like the sound of those.

How about the sideline view. I was told by a friend who is not much of a gamer that it is in exhibition but not in CCM. Is this true? That would be bothersome.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Based on your post, I would say at least wait until the next patch is either out or fully confirmed in regards to what they will be including.

I have been primarily an offline player for this console generation, and I am actually having a pretty good time with the game. But... I never use sideline camera or watch CPU-vs-CPU games... I rarely go crazy signing free agents, usually build through draft and just sign midrange free agents as depth guys... and I rarely edit anything in the players except for occasionally switching a CB to FS or something like that... I just don't care if a guy has the wrong number or a rookie WR doesn't use gloves.

So... while I am having a lot of fun with the game... I play it differently than you seem to... For your play style, I would definitely say wait for the next patch or possibly Madden 14.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Based on your post, I would say at least wait until the next patch is either out or fully confirmed in regards to what they will be including.

I have been primarily an offline player for this console generation, and I am actually having a pretty good time with the game. But... I never use sideline camera or watch CPU-vs-CPU games... I rarely go crazy signing free agents, usually build through draft and just sign midrange free agents as depth guys... and I rarely edit anything in the players except for occasionally switching a CB to FS or something like that... I just don't care if a guy has the wrong number or a rookie WR doesn't use gloves.

So... while I am having a lot of fun with the game... I play it differently than you seem to... For your play style, I would definitely say wait for the next patch or possibly Madden 14.
I hear you loud and clear.

Not being able to switch a CB to FS/SS is a major oversight because when a CB's speed rating goes down he becomes useless unless you can move him to safety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker232
I hear you loud and clear.

Not being able to switch a CB to FS/SS is a major oversight because when a CB's speed rating goes down he becomes useless unless you can move him to safety.
Yea, I have a feeling that if it's not patched for offline CCM I will really miss player editing once I get a draft class or two worth of rookies on my team. In M11 I saw a MLB available in the 5th round... He was undersized and not very strong, but had great speed. I hadn't spent any scouting resources on him, so knew nothing beyond what that little star graphic diagram told me... But I figured I'd grab him and he could maybe be used for human control as the MLB in dime... and I could use his speed to cover the mid zones... Well, once I got him, he had the ratings to be an absolute stud SS. I converted him and by his 2nd season he was the starter and killing it... I will miss that flexibility in M13 eventually if it's not patched back into the game.

That said, I really enjoy the on-field gameplay much more than M11/12. The new passing system is a subtle but great change... and the new physics system at least makes the game look and feel more fresh than the same animations firing over and over and over... So overall, I am pleased. As always, your mileage may vary.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Yea, I have a feeling that if it's not patched for offline CCM I will really miss player editing once I get a draft class or two worth of rookies on my team. In M11 I saw a MLB available in the 5th round... He was undersized and not very strong, but had great speed. I hadn't spent any scouting resources on him, so knew nothing beyond what that little star graphic diagram told me... But I figured I'd grab him and he could maybe be used for human control as the MLB in dime... and I could use his speed to cover the mid zones... Well, once I got him, he had the ratings to be an absolute stud SS. I converted him and by his 2nd season he was the starter and killing it... I will miss that flexibility in M13 eventually if it's not patched back into the game.

That said, I really enjoy the on-field gameplay much more than M11/12. The new passing system is a subtle but great change... and the new physics system at least makes the game look and feel more fresh than the same animations firing over and over and over... So overall, I am pleased. As always, your mileage may vary.
The overall feedback of the graphic system has been more positive than in recent years which is refreshing. Converting guys to different positions is an old football tradition and is something that EA should not toss aside just for the hell of it. This is part of football...figuring out what the best position for a player is.

I will be the first to admit that I may be too much of a offline sim player for every game and have at times asked too much of sport games, especially Madden and its past deficiencies. However, if they want to continue to boast about what you see on Sunday is in Madden, then something as small as sideline view in CCM should be in the game, along with the ability to see other games. The latter has always been in the game for as long as Madden has been around and to take it out, thinking not many will miss it, is not cool at all.

Maybe they will patch these up. But with this being the only football game that matters, its hard to have to struggle every year without a real sim football game. I still can't believe the constant hours I put in to playing PS2 football games still far out-number the hours I have put in to playing PS3 football games. Who woulda thunk it? lol

I still have not gotten a difinitive answer as to whether sideline view is in CCM and not just exhibition.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
Rookie

Just to clear things up if there is confusion...

I prefer and want to only play Madden as head coach in CC mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »