Home

Ridiculous!

This is a discussion on Ridiculous! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Ridiculous!

This is just ridiculous..... First , we are all buying this game for about $60.00, and it comes incomplete and/or with glitches. I don't think I will ever buy this game or any other sports game brand new till after the complete rosters come out , and the game is patched with little to no issues that need to be fixed. By then the game will be on sale by $10-$20 less. Because that is how long it takes these games to get fixed. The season has started , yet we still have to wait for updated rosters , and the new ccm is basically unplayable is especiallly if you like specific features that are in it , but unable to use them... such as camera angles. I like the broadcast camera.... it shows that I can select it to use it , but defaults to standard. I'm ready to take the game back, but I'm holding out hope that it will get patched. I'm not playing it till it does. Right now I'm playing 12 with Madden 13 rosters... it'll have to do for the time being. You would that this game was tested for these issues and fixed before it was released. RIDICULOUS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Ridiculous!

Its all true but I dont think EA is in a hurry because no matter how many complaints they get from the previous year when the game is released it sets records (or near it). Release day is so hyped that they have to release it ( ie all the Madden parties, etc). Thing is with CC offline so messed up, which is so obvious to any tester, a patch to address that should have been ready day one, unless of course they are just finishing the game a day before release,,which is unacceptable.

I have a feeling the bulk of there sales are to buyers who either like the online stuff or just a quick play now. Here, most of us want realism. Until Madden sales plummet, they will not be in a hurry to release a perfect game.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Rookie

If this thread had said "Hi, I feel the same way as a thousand other disgruntled Madden players," it would have read exactly the same. Waste of time.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Brotha2ThaNight's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
This is just ridiculous..... First , we are all buying this game for about $60.00, and it comes incomplete and/or with glitches. I don't think I will ever buy this game or any other sports game brand new till after the complete rosters come out , and the game is patched with little to no issues that need to be fixed. By then the game will be on sale by $10-$20 less. Because that is how long it takes these games to get fixed. The season has started , yet we still have to wait for updated rosters , and the new ccm is basically unplayable is especiallly if you like specific features that are in it , but unable to use them... such as camera angles. I like the broadcast camera.... it shows that I can select it to use it , but defaults to standard. I'm ready to take the game back, but I'm holding out hope that it will get patched. I'm not playing it till it does. Right now I'm playing 12 with Madden 13 rosters... it'll have to do for the time being. You would that this game was tested for these issues and fixed before it was released. RIDICULOUS!
c'mon now how many years in a row have you and so many others said that about Madden, if everyone did it once maybe we wouldnt have these issues still. But the fact is they have midnight releases and some of the best rpe-sales in the biz for a reason, we're all suckers that love football and will tolerate this crap year in and year out.

cya next August
Old 09-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

Sometimes I reply to these things just to get in the door before the thread is locked... with nothing at all to add to the discussion. This is one of those situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 5

yeah it wont get any better i dont think
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Name one video game that isn't released with issues. In Army of 2 on the PS3, the controls were backwards and they never fixed it. Both are EA, but at least EA Sports attends to its issues; more than most games out there. The patch yesterday was pointless, but I have a feeling the next one will make everyone happy.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Name one video game that isn't released with issues. In Army of 2 on the PS3, the controls were backwards and they never fixed it. Both are EA, but at least EA Sports attends to its issues; more than most games out there. The patch yesterday was pointless, but I have a feeling the next one will make everyone happy.
Are you for real? There are plenty of games that release playable wiith no patches. If you don't think so, something tells me you expect to much my friend.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »