Home

Am I crazy, or can I not trade during the draft on ps3

This is a discussion on Am I crazy, or can I not trade during the draft on ps3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Am I crazy, or can I not trade during the draft on ps3

Ok, can someone help me

Offline ccm, it seems as trading is locked in the draft except the trade up option?

I can't go into personnel to trade because its locked. There is no trade down option

As a long time franchise player trading during the draft is a major feature for me, am I missing something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Am I crazy, or can I not trade during the draft on ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCole
Ok, can someone help me

Offline ccm, it seems as trading is locked in the draft except the trade up option?

I can't go into personnel to trade because its locked. There is no trade down option

As a long time franchise player trading during the draft is a major feature for me, am I missing something
You can only trade down while you are on the clock. You cant make offers though just view what other teams are offering you.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't see that option

I see make your pick and pause draft

Where is trade down?

I see trade up when I'm not on the clock

So I can't wheel and deal when I'm not on the clock, and I can't find how to wheel and deal when I'm on the clock! I have to make all my trades pre draft(which ironically Wingo tweets in game pre draft"no need for pre draft trades anymore!"; I felt like the game was taunting me lol.)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Trade down option only shows when people are interested in trading up for your pick. I actually find the logic in draft superior then the logic outside of the draft when dealing with trading draft picks.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Maybe a little crazy, but the patch didn't apply to offline ccm. Just fyi
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

He's not crazy, I had this happen.

I started my first OFFLINE CCM and through 3 full drafts I was never offered the trade down option at any point in the entire draft.

I started a second OFFLINE CCM and got trade down offers for at least 4 picks my first draft and trade down offers for 6 different picks in my second draft.

For some reason offline CCM bugs sometimes and never offers to trade down during the draft for that CCM. Online seems to work fine, it's frustrating, but there's no work around that I've seen. So my first offline CCM hasn't been touched in days. Sorry TrentCole, but you may want to start a new one or make an online CCM set to private. Only two ways around this right now.

I had posted this same issue a week ago on here and got the same replies "trade down only is offered when the CPU wants to". I've submitted this to EA so hopefully they patch in a fix with the next update.

Last edited by mhodgson89; 09-12-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

You will only see the option to trade down if a team is interested in your pick, but I run my "offline" CC online so I'm not entirely certain if that's the case in offline CC (or maybe it is now because of the title update, I haven't checked)

While as a longtime offline Franchise junkie I relate to the non-ability to make trades when you aren't on the clock, but that's just not how it works in the real life Draft. It's very, very rare that teams will trade in advance for picks because there's no telling who will be on the board.

I, for one, appreciate the more realistic approach of only being able to move up or down when you're actually on the clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »