Home

They added maximum passing but id nothing to counter it on defense.

This is a discussion on They added maximum passing but id nothing to counter it on defense. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: They added maximum passing but id nothing to counter it on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
The problem is, before I can make all the adjustments I feel need to be made, the ball is already snapped. It's way to complicated to tell your DB to double team someone.
U bring up a good point as this is the case with no huddle/hurry up offesnes in this game, their temp is faster than it is in real life and they know exactly where to go and line up as opposed to what you see on sunday as their scrambling to get lined up correctly and know whats up then they hike it.

I dont like the audible to soo many different plays and formations so fast without fatigue being an issue and the defense is rendered useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
U bring up a good point as this is the case with no huddle/hurry up offesnes in this game, their temp is faster than it is in real life and they know exactly where to go and line up as opposed to what you see on sunday as their scrambling to get lined up correctly and know whats up then they hike it.

I dont like the audible to soo many different plays and formations so fast without fatigue being an issue and the defense is rendered useless.
I actually disagree. I almost feel that its worthless to do no huddle outside of keeping the same defenders on the field because of how long it takes to get everyone to line up. It takes less time off the clock to select the play through gameflow and have them nearly automatically line up. They do line up too fast after a play call, but not in no huddle.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #67
Rookie

tackleb0x's Arena

OVR: 1

The game will never play well online. There will always be cheese plays and people online will always abuse them.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 25
I play the pass well... But I don't play online.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
He ran alot of different zone blitzes, alot of cover 3 rarely ran any man. I was able to just throw seam routes the entire game. Zone blitzes just aren't very effective this year. Why I don't know.

After my first few games, it was nothing but 2 man under for me, I mix in cover 2 sink every once in awhile, but anything else gets destroyed online.
If he keeps running cover 3 and keeps getting beat down the seams that's not necessarily an issue with the game. Zone blitzes are not effective because of cheap OL logic that allows a blocker from the other side of the formation to sprint all the way to the opposite side and pick up a rusher, which renders slide protection meaningless IMO.

I play online every night and I run Cover 2, Cover 4, Cover 6, 2 Man Under, and a host of zone and man blitzes and am constantly adding to the arsenal every day. Against some players their offense is under siege. Against others they know where to exploit the zone and against those guys I'm in shootouts. I just cannot agree that zone is broken. Game last night Paul Kruger had 2 picks. One out of cover 4 the other out of cover 6. I won the game handily 35-3.

The caution I would make with zone blitzes in this game is you better set it up and make sure you can get home with a free rusher. If not it's easily exploited. Of course the whole notion of setting up a blitz is mehhh, but that's how it's been. I think as gamers we sometimes put developers in a fix. We say, zone is broken, they "fix" it by making you not be able to pass against any team where the user calls zone coverage. I do not want them to do that. I don't think any of us want that.

Ultimately, I walk into every game telling myself I know I'm going to give up yards. I'm more concerned about the yards I give up due to wacky player movement, no response when I'm jamming the controller, a lack of adaptive A.I, and bad pursuit logic.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
The problem is, before I can make all the adjustments I feel need to be made, the ball is already snapped. It's way to complicated to tell your DB to double team someone.
Now this I agree with. There are some things you want to do but because there are delays and I see why they added those delays in hot routing, you cannot do what you want before a guy quick hikes you.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #71
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

There are issues with the zones in this game especially the curl/flat(purple) and flat zone(light blue) responsibilities. Some of that can be corrected on the user end. The effects "Maximum Passing" has on zone defenders, can not. Sure you can fool novice and quick match opponents with zone defense, but anyone with sense on how to use the pass leading can shred you. When I call my zone defenses I know what my weaknesses are. The problem I have is when a guy throws into the zone and the defenders movement is either stopped or he is given unnatural movements to move away from the receiver.

There's something to be said when you hot route an elite corner to play the curl route yet he stands/trails behind the WR every time. This years Madden online looks a lot like Madden 11, lots of press man and man under defense. Hoping a patch gives us the zone defense from M12 with the man defense of M13 to combat the easy offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
If he keeps running cover 3 and keeps getting beat down the seams that's not necessarily an issue with the game. Zone blitzes are not effective because of cheap OL logic that allows a blocker from the other side of the formation to sprint all the way to the opposite side and pick up a rusher, which renders slide protection meaningless IMO.

I play online every night and I run Cover 2, Cover 4, Cover 6, 2 Man Under, and a host of zone and man blitzes and am constantly adding to the arsenal every day. Against some players their offense is under siege. Against others they know where to exploit the zone and against those guys I'm in shootouts. I just cannot agree that zone is broken. Game last night Paul Kruger had 2 picks. One out of cover 4 the other out of cover 6. I won the game handily 35-3.

The caution I would make with zone blitzes in this game is you better set it up and make sure you can get home with a free rusher. If not it's easily exploited. Of course the whole notion of setting up a blitz is mehhh, but that's how it's been. I think as gamers we sometimes put developers in a fix. We say, zone is broken, they "fix" it by making you not be able to pass against any team where the user calls zone coverage. I do not want them to do that. I don't think any of us want that.

Ultimately, I walk into every game telling myself I know I'm going to give up yards. I'm more concerned about the yards I give up due to wacky player movement, no response when I'm jamming the controller, a lack of adaptive A.I, and bad pursuit logic.
this is something I can agree with. The more games I've played against the guys in my community, the better I am getting at properly using my personnel. This is a good thing - and something that has been missing with Madden for a long time - personnel actually having an impact. I don't think the zones are "broken". What I do have an issue with is the line play being the root cause of defense feeling "broken". The line play is so embarrassingly bad in this game that it ruins the good things they've added in the other areas. In the real NFL, no matter how good your corners or your linebackers are, if the QB gets time, he will find the weakness in your coverage and hit you with big gains. If you are going to play zone, there will always be soft spots that a saavy player will attack. The key is to get pressure so that he does not have enough time to efficiently make those reads. The way I play, for example, is I like to utilize my entire playbook. I like to mix up my zone and man calls and give different looks. I will often use my entire playbook in a single game. However, without pressure on the QB, I'm dead in the water. I should not have to user control my DEs in order for them to use their attributed pass rush moves. That's completely ridiculous. Why bother giving them ratings at all then? The advantage someone like me would have on defense is that I can user control a LB who is not rated as highly, and depend on my elite players (my defensive line) to play to their strengths. I've had games where I've done a dynamite job of mixing up my defense and playing solid coverage, but without pressure, I get picked apart. 3rd downs are ridiclously hard to stop this year. Blitzing is an option I guess, but like LBZ said, the psychic lineman and the horrid line play kills it most of the time. If you are an old school defensive guy like me (and I am not the football guru that other guys on here are), this game can be maddening (pun intended ).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »