Home

A conversation about EA Philosophy

This is a discussion on A conversation about EA Philosophy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #81
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A conversation about EA Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
Thta couldn't be anymore false. One of the most popular games of 2012 on PC is a mod.
I agree completely. Bethesda has been pumping out some of the best games in the industry for a little while now. When a game is made on that scale along with mmorpg's, it's going to come with bugs. No way around that.

But people cannot expect the same quality game out of madden. It's an annual release which is why some people have suggested they take a year off to give them more time to deliver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #82
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Sorry, but Skyrim has a ton of great mods on the PC. I, for the life of me, can't understand why someone would get a console game if it also comes out on PC.
Yeah, pc is far and away a better gaming system than consoles. But not a lot of people could actually afford a gaming pc with enough kick to run some of those games.

Im actually about to build a new pc for this reason. Guild wars 2 came out and I'm dying to dive into the game and experience it's awesomeness!!

Is madden ever going to return to the pc?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #83
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0

Speaking of Skyrim, do you guys know half the EA/Tiburon team are not even football fans, but RPG and Skyrim fans?

Just saying.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #84
Banned

Uuuugggghhhhhh!!!!! I have a great idea. Fix everything that is buggy/broken with the game then let's add some stuff. Madden 13 is becoming a colassal cluster f***. There are 2 or 3 different modes to fix and they can't just be fixed, nope not at the same time. Online u can tune offline u can patch but it takes longer. Rosters for cc online and offline are a week behind but offline and online play now is up to date? I think my head is gonna explode! Camera problems solved? No, ok. Td celebrations working no. Fantasy draft online working check! Seriously I need a drink! I will say atta boy for listening to the fans but it just should have been implemented differently just seems like EA is leaving themselves open for some kind of monumental oversight.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #85
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

I just agree to disagree. Bethesda games have kind of a hate it or love it thing, I'm definitely not the only person that thinks the Elder Scrolls is one of the most overrated series on PC (seriously, how can you put out an RPG with a character advancement system as terrible as the one in Oblivion? Its an RPG, its a core game mechanic. Your default classes shouldnt terribly gimp your character. Scaled Content too bleh). They did make a ton of improvements on Oblivion with Skyrim though so I give them credit for that. Its still not as deep as it appears at first though.

Im also not faulting them for bugs, but I am making a correct statement that their games are generally considered very buggy on release. Plus what pc game makers DON'T release free patches? A patch is inherently free. They all do it unless they go under. Don't make Bethesda out to be the patron saint of gaming because they release patches. I know a lot of people consider Fallout: New Vegas (after the patches that cleaned up the incredible amount of bugs)to be vastly superior to Fallout 3. Guess what, New Vegas wasn't developed by Bethesda, Obsidian were the devs.

Anyways, I don't really see what developing open world RPGs has to do with an NFL football game however, so I'll show myself out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #86
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Sorry, but Skyrim has a ton of great mods on the PC. I, for the life of me, can't understand why someone would get a console game if it also comes out on PC.

And your talking about Bethesda games not being deep? You mean like the incredible depth Madden has?
I never said don't buy skyrim on PC. youd be dumb to buy it on console if you had a PC that could run it.

However......... All those mods aren't as great as theyre cracked up to be. Its a game in itself to keep your mods straight. And if you have OCDish tendencies it can be a nightmare, always lookin for the mod that makes pumpkins look the best or something and driving yourself crazy. Too much of a good thing lol.

You have to make sure that they all play nice together. Some break others. You have them from 2 sources like steamworks and skyrim nexus. They usually break with every patch. Development gets abandoned on them. Plus you might just mess around and corrupt your saves, keep backups.

Mods are great when you find a set when you like and everything plays nice, but it can be a freakin headache to make sure your game doesnt just suddenly break.

Then from the developers side. The skyrim message board (on steam at least) was ALWAYS flooded with people complaining that their games were broken, and this was messed up and that was messed up. Well yeah its probably because you indiscriminately downloaded 90 different mods. Its gotta be a big pain in the *** for bethesda to deal with those people.

Just some thoughts. Mods are great though. A game like Vampire: The Masquerade was essentially left unplayable and i believe the dev went out of buisness (i think it was Troika? another dev that released bugfests). The modding community was able to salvage the game and its actually an incredible RPG.

Rome Total War had great mods too. I dunno of Shogun Total War 2 lets you mod though, I havent really checked.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #87
Rookie

EA has never given 2 craps about any of its releases for the last 10+ years. Nothing is going to change. I was a beta tester way back in the closed beta of the game Generals that EA put out long ago. they were told over and over that there were 3 or 4 serious issues with the game. Keep in mind this was the closed beta. If I remember correctly there were 500 of us testers and we were supposed to be heard when we explained issues and whatnot. There were so many having the same issue with Nvidia graphics cards and EA proceeded to release the game to a public beta anyways. The issue were well known and shortly after the public beta started there were THOUSANDS who cold not play the game because of the same issues that us original beta testers complained about. Think EA fixed it? Nope they released the game to the public knowing full well anyone with Nvidia graphics cards would not be able to play the game until it was patched. Then when all these thousands apon thousands complained about the game crashing EA blamed their systems.. told them to format.. shut off all other programs.. ya know the standard BS. Bottom line is that EA knew full well their game was not finished but they released it anyways and said a big FU to all the people who purchased the game. It was almost 2 months (if I remember correctly) before they released a patch that fixed the nvidia issues. EA sucks and goes not care one bit about us end users.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
First of all, did I point the finger in any one persons direction on here? I don't believe so and if I did I'm sorry. But yes a lot of people act like I stated they do and I use it as commical relief to enjoy these forums even more. THATS IT lol. Please please discuss and continue this thread. Don't let me side track you.
Yes you did. You pointed your finger at everyone dissatisfied with any portion of madden by saying with your comment about whiners and criers. yes you were non-specific, no you weren't all that offensive, but your message is clear and your attitude is clear.

On top of all that you still manage to be incredibly wrong. And with every sound rebuttal people give you, all i see is you not getting it. Not understanding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »