Home

Change coach scheme in ccm

This is a discussion on Change coach scheme in ccm within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Change coach scheme in ccm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
This should not be that hard to fix.

When you go into scheme we should have what we see now and o playbook, run pass slider then d playbook play pass play run slider. Then it should all save when you exit haha
True

If we still had 32 team control and a run / pass slider we not only could fix the sim stat engine, but effect CPU in game play calling for the better as well...

It "shouldn't be that hard to fix" because until this year, those options were in place...

Replacing what was always, already in place should NOT be that hard...

Oh well...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just took a break from updating/playing to come ask this. Seems like a real simple fix. I play as the Niners and have always preferred a 4-3 and would like Alex to air it out more. I've switched individual players but can't switch Harbaugh. If I continue, I'll have to scout and draft players that fit his scheme rather than my style of play, in order to get the most out if them? C'mon.
Keep the patches coming EA! You'll get it right eventually!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNS1310
Just took a break from updating/playing to come ask this. Seems like a real simple fix. I play as the Niners and have always preferred a 4-3 and would like Alex to air it out more. I've switched individual players but can't switch Harbaugh. If I continue, I'll have to scout and draft players that fit his scheme rather than my style of play, in order to get the most out if them? C'mon.
Keep the patches coming EA! You'll get it right eventually!
I wouldn't change a thing. The only workaround until EA figures out if they want to acknowledge and/or fix this problem is to focus on your player types (which you can change).

My scheme is all goofed up from what I selected, but I'm still using the playbook I selected from the beginning regardless of what the screen says under schemes. In the meantime, just make sure your player "types" are where you want them and focus on getting guys that match the player type. This is what shows up as "good" when matching schemes during free agency and supposedly helps earn more XP for the players that match your style.

I also would like to be able to change the star/importance rating of each position but it's less important than just being able to update schemes. I think at this point I'd just be happy with an explanation from EA on many of the questions I and others have asked in this thread.

The main concepts/questions within this discussion is alive in these very forums in something like 5 different threads because a lot of people are having the same issues but absolutely no one has an answer. That doesn't happen very often around here.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is definitely a big issue for me right now. I'm wanting to start a Colts CCM and was planning on trying to build the offense similar to the Patriot offense with Fleener and Allen at TE. But the ability to change the run/pass ratio and the scheme is a huge deal.

And for those that say that you should draft players that fit your philosophy, I say the best coaches are those that are able to adapt their philosophy to fit the personnel that they have. The simplest example is Bill Belichick. Just in the Tom Brady era alone he's changed philosophies 3 times. At first it was a ball control offense with a dominant defense. Then as Brady evolved it became a Vertical Passing high scoring offense with a less than stellar defense. Now the last few years the defense will almost willingly give up a FG on every possession and the offense relies on creating matchup problems with the TEs.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

As an update to this, I asked EmmdotFrisk for some clarification on what's going on with this. Pointed out to him that you can't select your scheme, and when creating a coach there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what you get....and his response was:

"Yeah that is a bug. In February once you create your coach, you select your scheme. Now you take over the scheme of the team you take over."

I again pointed out that when creating a coach, you don't get the scheme of the team you take over...so who knows
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »