Home

Players on IR coming back...

This is a discussion on Players on IR coming back... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Players on IR coming back...

The new CCM rosters are coming out tomorrow, and I was wondering about how it would affect players that are automatically placed on the IR. For example RB Jeff Demps was placed on IR by the Patriots, will he be available to go after Year 1, or is it something where he's basically disappeared from the game entirely until Madden 14. Because Demps has blistering speed, and that would be a shame that he's totally out of the game.

Another thing is what about suspended players. I've seen that CB Joe Haden was "removed from the depth chart" due to his 4 week suspension. What does that mean? That I have to wait till week six when the suspension is lifted to have EA make a CCM roster with Joe Haden in it?

Last edited by Showstoppa81883; 09-13-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Players on IR coming back...

Yeah after using him online in sub formations, he's insanely fast if you can get him an opening. I hope they implement this or at least put him in free agency so i can resign him after the first year.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showstoppa81883
The new CCM rosters are coming out tomorrow, and I was wondering about how it would affect players that are automatically placed on the IR. For example RB Jeff Demps was placed on IR by the Patriots, will he be available to go after Year 1, or is it something where he's basically disappeared from the game entirely until Madden 14. Because Demps has blistering speed, and that would be a shame that he's totally out of the game.

Another thing is what about suspended players. I've seen that CB Joe Haden was "removed from the depth chart" due to his 4 week suspension. What does that mean? That I have to wait till week six when the suspension is lifted to have EA make a CCM roster with Joe Haden in it?
It wont work like that, unless you play your CCM with the option of pre-existing injuries on. If you play your CCM with pre-existing injuries on, then yes, any player that was put on IR in time for the roster update, will indeed be on IR. You will still have those players in the game, but with them being on IR, you cant use them until the following season of your CCM. If you play with pre-existing injuries off (which I assume most people do, as do I), then injured players will be on the teams without their injuries. Regardless, Jeff Demps and the many other players who have been IRed in real life will be in the game.

When you see "removed from depth chart due to suspension", it doesnt mean that they have been removed from the game completely. It just means that they've been taken off the depth chart as a starter.

Use Joe Haden as an example. There are 5 corner back spots on the depth chart...Donny Moore (the so called ratings czar) just removed him from being listed on any of those 5 corner back spots on the depth chart, to reflect him being suspended. But regardless, if you play a play now or online game, you can just manually put him back on to one of the 5 corner back spots on the depth chart yourself. When you start a CCM, this will not be an issue, since you'll be starting fresh and can adjust your depth chart to your liking.

Hope this makes sense and clears everything up for ya.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Gronkanador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner82
Yeah after using him online in sub formations, he's insanely fast if you can get him an opening. I hope they implement this or at least put him in free agency so i can resign him after the first year.
If I'm not mistaken i believe Dan Fletcher is still in the game and not on the IR after the most recent roster update but on the first roster update we got when the game shipped he was not.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
When you see "removed from depth chart due to suspension", it doesnt mean that they have been removed from the game completely. It just means that they've been taken off the depth chart as a starter.

Use Joe Haden as an example. There are 5 corner back spots on the depth chart...Donny Moore (the so called ratings czar) just removed him from being listed on any of those 5 corner back spots on the depth chart, to reflect him being suspended
If this is a 53 man roster, then wouldn't this mess up the roster? Don't teams get Roster exemptions for suspended players? So keeping that suspended player on the roster, but not starting, doesn't that force one player to not be on the team that actually is? Or am I just missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If this is a 53 man roster, then wouldn't this mess up the roster? Don't teams get Roster exemptions for suspended players? So keeping that suspended player on the roster, but not starting, doesn't that force one player to not be on the team that actually is? Or am I just missing something?
Even though this is titled as "the 53 man roster update"...it doesnt mean that its exactly 53 players in it. If you havent noticed, players who are on IR, and teams practice squads are still included on each roster in the update that dropped last friday.

I'm not exactly sure how roster exemptions work in real life, but I would have to assume those don't apply to Madden, since suspensions don't actually exist. Therefore, it doesnt mess up anything from what I understand.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner82
Demps is absolutely deadly in limited doses. He's very prone to fumbles, but on screens and deep passes (when he sees fit to actually catch the ball) he's a monster. I love using him against Cover 2s as the HB in a shotgun set which sends guys on corner routes in either direction, and then sending him straight downfield out of the backfield. Either one of the safties bites on Demps and gives you an easy pass to the guys on the corners, or they each take a corner route and Demps flies down the middle with some poor middle linebacker trailing 25 yards behind him.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
Even though this is titled as "the 53 man roster update"...it doesnt mean that its exactly 53 players in it. If you havent noticed, players who are on IR, and teams practice squads are still included on each roster in the update that dropped last friday.

I'm not exactly sure how roster exemptions work in real life, but I would have to assume those don't apply to Madden, since suspensions don't actually exist. Therefore, it doesnt mess up anything from what I understand.
Madden has IR, but I didn't think Madden had practice squads. So you are saying the Roster wasn't a final roster, but had extra players beyond the final roster? So instead of 53, the Roster had 53+Suspended+Practice Squad?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »