Home

Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh.

This is a discussion on Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh.

So how do these rosters work if you start an offline CCM with today's update and have to cut players in the preseason? I'm assuming that these rosters are accurate, as of last week anyway, which means they are much smaller than they were before the preseason started. Also, how will the free agent list be affected? I know there was a problem before with cutting players in preseason and those guys disappearing completely from the game. I wonder if this issue has been addressed with these updates.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry Re: Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh.

So with these updates are they updating equipment because I know for sure Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler have the wrong face mask?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersGM305
I have to disagree, Back at E3 EA state no fantasy draft...Then because it got to the media they quickly put it back for Online only... I mean theres people who buy this game to play ( offline ) that was me before MD13..Now am have no other option. Play ALL-Madden tell me if the CPU running game gets pass 50 yrds... you can even call a DIME package and you will still stop the CPU...in ALL-Madden...post patch...Then theres this one week delay between the Online (play now )<< Exhibition game>>>CCM rosters, Not to mention the CCM dynamic draft classes arent wearing gloves and odd faskmask, dark visors, ext... that i dont want to see. cause it takes away from the what the dynamic storylines...Treon Patrick draft him tell me what you think of him.. was this done on intentional or oversight? the Uniforms ...let me just say there is more wrong than good... i guess is still on BETA....just like the web site.
What is it I said exactly you're disagreeing with. Because this had zero to do with my post you quoted.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner82
Actually, playing online every update they actually do sub the depth charts out for the injured players! Yeah you can play with them if you want.. but like Brent Grimes is off the CB chart for the falcons, and John Skelton is QB#3 since he's hurt. of course.. unless you're playing with people you know, they'll probably be lame and sub them right back in.
I was talking about progressive injuries, meaning injuries that can get worse overtime but players still play the games. In Madden there is nothing like a player having a mild ankle sprain and sore hamstring for 2-3 weeks, still playing in the game with their applicable ratings effected. It's just major injuries that cause them to be out. In the real NFL injury report each week, there are players with various ailments and a listed status of probable, questionable, doubtful, etc and it's been long overdue that Madden have this type of injury variation.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I agree but lo and behold, they are ratings changes, which I just don't think there is enough data to make those types of changes. Here are some of the changes

As you can see, some of it is personnel moves. Others are ratings changes based off one game. They are not drastic changes, but they are still changes off of one game. One aspect of these changes that I have a problem with is do they factor in the matchups? Yeah the Ravens beat up on the Bengals. Did rookie RT Osemele deserve a ratings boost though? It's not like he faced the injured Carlos Dunlap and held him to 0 pressures and 0 sacks. The Bengals had their back up there, so why does he get a two point upgrade for doing well against a back up? Is it just that we won big and the QB was protected so he gets an upgrade? Well what about the match up? Now if he keeps Jason Babin out of Flacco's face this week then sure, give him an upgrade. That match up for a rookie is a big challenge and something to write home about. Same thing with Michael Oher this week. Last week he went up against Michael Johnson and did a fantastic job. But Johnson is not listed on the elite pass rusher list. Now if he has a great game against Trent Cole this week, that's something to write home about. But giving guys two to four point overall upgrades just because the team won and dropping guys by two to four points just because their team lost and not taking into account the match ups and actually what happens in games. Has a person improved overall when they are blocking a back up?

Another example, the Browns lost to the Eagles and their defense surrendered 400 + yards. What does this mean? Should people be decreased? Joe Haden played great, he actually probably should be increased.
This is starting to play out again like it did last year. I could of sworn Donny Moore or someone at Tiburon was touting how they would be adjusting DPP during every week or so in M12 yet here we go again with the traditional ratings changes. It's like DPP, that was the marquee addition in M12, is not even being mentioned in these updates. When all the hoopla was starting surrounding Madden 13 and how committed this new dev team was to realism, I started a thread asking did this philosophy apply to ratings, then we get a ratings fan vote. Now, here with weekly roster updates, not any mention of DPP adjustments, which would make far more sense to me than weekly ratings adjustments.

My first thought was, well maybe he is just adjusting player's AWR after week one, which is raising their OVR but after thinking about it further, that shouldn't be touched after just one week either, imo. I would rather see DPP, meaning hot/cold streaks, consistency, confidence, traits and tendencies adjusted each week and wait every 3rd or 4th week to adjust ratings. So we would get roster updates with DPP changes every Friday but ratings adjustments in week 3-6-9-12-15-17 or 4-8-12-16.

I know some people may see this stuff as trivial but for me it demonstrates a particular way of doing things that isn't attempting to achieve reasonable realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is starting to play out again like it did last year. I could of sworn Donny Moore or someone at Tiburon was touting how they would be adjusting DPP during every week or so in M12 yet here we go again with the traditional ratings changes. It's like DPP, that was the marquee addition in M12, is not even being mentioned in these updates. When all the hoopla was starting surrounding Madden 13 and how committed this new dev team was to realism, I started a thread asking did this philosophy apply to ratings, then we get a ratings fan vote. Now, here with weekly roster updates, not any mention of DPP adjustments, which would make far more sense to me than weekly ratings adjustments.

My first thought was, well maybe he is just adjusting player's AWR after week one, which is raising their OVR but after thinking about it further, that shouldn't be touched after just one week either, imo. I would rather see DPP, meaning hot/cold streaks, consistency, confidence, traits and tendencies adjusted each week and wait every 3rd or 4th week to adjust ratings. So we would get roster updates with DPP changes every Friday but ratings adjustments in week 3-6-9-12-15-17 or 4-8-12-16.

I know some people may see this stuff as trivial but for me it demonstrates a particular way of doing things that isn't attempting to achieve reasonable realism.
I am not saying they get a kick out of it but it is almost like they like hearing the communities debate over numbers. Maybe it's an indication that DPP does not have the impact that we think it should have on the game and they just change the ratings instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »