Home

Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh.

This is a discussion on Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh.

I'm not too sold on this update the rosters every Friday shananigan Madden will now be doing, especially in football, it just doesn't make sense. Here's my problem with this 'update' ....

What will you update? Victor Cruz dropped 3 passes in the opening game, will his catch attribute go from 90whatever to 85?? Because of one game?? Kevin Olgetree had a big game, so what his overall goes from 60whatever to 75?? Mike Vick threw 4 INTS, his accuracy will go from 80 to 66?

I don't think this update every Friday is a good idea, and that's just my opinion and my thoughts. Victor Cruz came out of nowhere last year, at the time of Week 1 he was rated 65, and creating an update after just one game just doesn't make sense, especially in football.

David Akers made a 63 yard FG, then the thread was created to give him a 99 kick power. IT WAS ONE KICK. If he had that kick 10x I don't think he'd hit it consistently. Now if he hits another one Week 2 and another Week 3, then sure, time to update that, because one of the main things in football is consistency, and with an update every Friday, it totally negates the consistency we see in football players.

This is just my opinion, but I think a roster update, even if it is just for "Play Now" is a bad idea. I think every 2-3 weeks is fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Roster Updates Every Friday.... Eh.

I swear people are digging to complain about stuff.

I think the updates are more about roster changes than ratings updates.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like it because I don't think they're going to drastic change players ratings. Not like rg3 is goin to be rated a 90 after his first game. But like Peyton manning should go up, he was a 93 just because noone knew for sure how well he would do. Other players should only receive like a 1 point change in a few attributes. Don't expect any pro bowlers overall ratings to change based on one week. Just a few adjustments that If say Eli throws 15 picks over 4 games those adjustments will result in him being a couple of points worse over the course of 4 weeks

Last edited by jd_newton72; 09-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Hopefully unlike last year, from what I noticed, these weekly updates will be focused on DPP opposed to knee jerk rating changes. Like the OP stated, Cruz dropped 3 passes in week one, so hopefully they put him on a mild cold streak, with drop open passes preset to "yes". So then those playing with the Giants in online/offline play now, have to account for that and slowly work him into their game. Same thing for players that are "hot" after week 1 like my man RG3.

Now what I hope to see next year is progressive injuries so these updates can also denote the various ailments for players from week to week and their effect on each players ratings. Would be nice to play a game online/offline play now and see players the actual NFL weekly injury report applied in Madden, besides just the severe ones that cause the update to just put players that are "out" deep in the bench.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I swear people are digging to complain about stuff.

I think the updates are more about roster changes than ratings updates.

How about the fact that CCM rosters will be a week behind all year? Add to that each time you get an updated CCM roster it will be outdated already.

I don't think people are digging for things to complain about (no more than usual I should say). I think EA is making strange design decisions and various people are reacting to them in various ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheriver
How about the fact that CCM rosters will be a week behind all year? Add to that each time you get an updated CCM roster it will be outdated already.

I don't think people are digging for things to complain about (no more than usual I should say). I think EA is making strange design decisions and various people are reacting to them in various ways.
That's my point. The OP is complaining that the roster updates are too frequent.

Which is it? To frequent or not frequent enough?

People are complaining for the sake of complaining on a lot of these issues. There are enough things wrong with this game to complain about. Going off on the frequency of roster updates is reaching at best.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Maybe I'm not understanding these roster updates, but I'm assuming that once you start you're CCM/Franchise(waiting for the new Friday rosters), you can't use these "New" updated rosters in you're exsiting CCM, correct? These are for online "Play Now" only no?

Sorry for my confusion, I'm a 50 year old fart and new technology is a little confusing to me..lol
Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Racing
Maybe I'm not understanding these roster updates, but I'm assuming that once you start you're CCM/Franchise(waiting for the new Friday rosters), you can't use these "New" updated rosters in you're exsiting CCM, correct? These are for online "Play Now" only no?

Sorry for my confusion, I'm a 50 year old fart and new technology is a little confusing to me..lol
You are mostly correct. Existing CCs are set in their rosters. But you can start a new CC at any time using one of the released rosters, so they're not only for play now.

As for the OP, what's wrong with 99 kick power for Akers? You're talking about 10x - I agree, he wouldn't consistently hit that. But it wouldn't be for lack of leg strength. If he can boot the ball that far, he can boot it that far - his leg strength isn't going to go up and down all the time. Ogletree burned the Giants #1 CB, he deserves a boost. Cruz screwed up in a high-pressure big-stage game. He deserves a bit of a dip. As the season goes on and there is more of a track record for each player, the increases and decreases will reflect those track records.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »