Home

Roleplaying in Madden

This is a discussion on Roleplaying in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #9
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
So you didn't enjoy your crib on 2k5, while most other people did. where you could look at your trophies and pictures and purchase furniture? Or were you old enough to play that game?
I was 22 when 2k5 was around and I found the crib stuff not fun and took away from the game. Now that I'm even older, something like that would be ridiculous in Madden. The only thing the EA team needs to adopt from 2k5 is the Chris Berman presentations. Other than that, the game is starting to head in a better direction.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #10
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Roleplaying in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I was 22 when 2k5 was around and I found the crib stuff not fun and took away from the game. Now that I'm even older, something like that would be ridiculous in Madden. The only thing the EA team needs to adopt from 2k5 is the Chris Berman presentations. Other than that, the game is starting to head in a better direction.
Lol I was 10 when I played 2K5 and never even visited my crib. First Person Football was a great idea though the passing could of been improved in the game. I got mad whenever I tried throwing the ball and it'd do a pump fake because I didn't hold the button long enough and got sacked.

ESPN Football > 2K5
Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I just disagree. If 2k13 came out with those features and espn presentation with interviews like I stated. It would BURY Madden. They have that stuff in NBA and it works very well for 2k. Keep wishing for perfect A.I. In a game as complex as football and you will never be happy. Need to be innovated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #12
Rookie

Sidion's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm for some things to bring a tiny bit more immersion into player CCM.

Managing money? Buying houses? Nah... But I would like to see contracts play some sort of role. (Hell give me a percentage of my contract money as EXP...) Make practices more personal, not just random grinds for EXP.

But all that superficial stuff outside of the game seems pointless to me. Getting arrested for a DUI and being suspended randomly however... Now that I could get behind.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #13
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidion

Managing money? Buying houses? Nah... But I would like to see contracts play some sort of role. (Hell give me a percentage of my contract money as EXP...) Make practices more personal, not just random grinds for EXP.

But all that superficial stuff outside of the game seems pointless to me. Getting arrested for a DUI and being suspended randomly however... Now that I could get behind.
Because buying Mansions and getting DUIs is what EA wants to sell to kids.

I agree. All of that is pointless. I wouldn't mind better presentation but right now, they need to actually fix the AI so all of these features and modes would be worth something.

I'd like to see contracts getting exchanged with EXP. In both coach and player. The money issue is pointless. If you offer Drew Brees 20m a year, he should say 20,000 XP a year just for his contract. That way, backups would Atleast get some XP.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidion

Managing money? Buying houses? Nah... But I would like to see contracts play some sort of role. in Head Coach (Hell give me a percentage of my contract money as EXP...) Make practices more personal in Head Coach, not just random grinds for EXP.

But all that superficial stuff outside of the game seems pointless to me. Getting arrested for a DUI and being suspended randomly In Head Coach, called Gamechangers a player could cut himself making a sandwich and be out for 3 weeks etc... however... Now that I could get behind.
Head Coach was developed by Donnie Moore and Josh Looman so I have faith that this kind of stuff will eventually make it to ccm
Old 09-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #15
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I just think this would be huge. Heck if you play on the same frachise as your friends online, they could live on the same block as you. You could see their trophy room and items..... Heck you could have an affair with his wife lol joking. But seriously, I think it would blow up and people would love it. What I'm asking for isn't much more than what 2k12 is doing for their NBA game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 01:21 AM   #16
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I respect your opinion with how a game like this would be accepted into the community, but I just totally disagree with it. The "reality" show years are over and gamers just want sport games to match what they see on gameday. Another version of head coach would be more widely accepted than Madden 14: The Sims.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »