Home

Why do people hate CCM Progression?

This is a discussion on Why do people hate CCM Progression? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why do people hate CCM Progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
So say you are right, its 3 minutes. Its got a 45 second load time to enter, at least 90 seconds of dead play, and at least a minute thirty to get out of the mode once completed. So lets extrapolate that to see what impact it has on me, a father of a child under one and someone who works full time and enjoys simulating more then playing games out.

That is 7 minutes per practice roughly. 7 minutes per week is 147 minutes per season. That is 2 hours 27 minutes per season extra play time. 30 seasons is 5410 minutes. That is 90 hours and 10 minutes. 3 Days 18 hours 10 minutes of extra play time. And that, is getting less XP per practice then the optimal which would take at least 5 minutes longer per practice.

For reference, the average RPG full game is between 30-50 hours of gameplay. 100 hours if you do everything in the game. Perspective is important when evaluating other people's priorities. If I play out every single practice, I'm never going to finish a CCM.

I know every practice, and know which ones are the shortest, which one give the best XP, and which ones are useless. I can read *gasp*

Why is it such a big deal? Because everything this year takes forever. The menus have too many clicks, the progression is user driven if you want it to be effective. I'm ok with the progression the way it is, but adding the practice needed to develop your bench at all is where it gets silly. Give me a slight penalty for simming practice, don't give me 0 XP. Thats just asinine.
In the time it took you to write this post I completed 12 practices
Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
I don't know, but it has never been represented on a console, and every dev I've ever talked to has said that its not possible on a console at this point. The only attempt was by 2k for that manager baseball game which was terrible and cripplingly slow, and was a poor imitation of OOTP.
Are you talking about simulating progression or simulating the actual game? Simulating progression should be possible on consoles. It's just a mathematical formula that doesn't have to be done in real time.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I really like the XP system. Sure, it's not perfect, but I like how it's tied to performance in practice and games, as well as the basic intelligence and skill of a player.

I can see that some folks don't like that it's difficult to break out an instant superstar, but I think that guys who arise out of nowhere are much more the exception than the norm.

I also think that it's very possible to progress a player as the season goes to reflect continued improvement. Hikes in awareness, block shedding, and tackling, for example, aren't that expensive and you could easily drive awareness up by 5 points over the course of a season. That alone would make your player much better.

On offense, things can be a bit harder, but you can work fairly easily on catching ratings and some other raw physical skills in the course of the season.

I kind of look at spending XP like having specialized practice/coaching sessions for each player. Like for a QB, I envision working up the accuracy points as the result of having a good QB coach, etc. I think that's a fun way of looking at things.

And as far as getting guys to progress rapidly, you can afford the learning curve upgrade within a single season, which would allow for fairly sizable improvements in years two and three.

Realistically, most guys aren't at the peak of their ability right away. They may start at their positions in years one and two, but they don't often fill the position well until a few years in, once they've mastered the system and worked on technique. It's not often that you see a Von Miller or Rob Gronkowski come in and dominate from day one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4

Not everyone has time for practice and it's also not very interesting to play. Mini-games that relate to the positions were fine back in the day to incorporate now with or without practice (along with the ability to sim them for a certain amount of xp). But something more convenient than these practices should be done to get those extra xp like freestyle practice (just like regular old practice you can practice whatever you want how long you want) or drills (the old training camp).
Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothere
In the time it took you to write this post I completed 12 practices
I'm not even playing the game now because of the problems I am having with it, and I type 130 wpm, so I'm pretty sure you didn't practice 12 times in the time I wrote that out. It took less time then one practice of the ones that actually give decent XP to bench players.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 5

Because I like playing franchise as an owner simming games and just managing the team. I don't enjoy beating up on the CPU over and over. This year that's not a viable option because a large portion of your xp comes from the lame *** practices which take too long to complete.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #79
Rookie

DesiKing93's Arena

OVR: 1

I havent really had issues with general progression even though I have yet to play a practice. I also sim most of my games. After I had enough coach xp, the first I did was to buy the progression pack and all the positional xp boost packs. In addition, my coach is a strategist and one of the descriptions is that he helps progress players better. My only issue with the game is cornerback progression, which is deflated. My cbs rarely get int (at most 4/yr) and have less tackles than other defensive players (and no sacks) so they get the short end of the stick. Madden has a catches allowed stat but they should have included a catches targeted stat as well. Then, catches allowed/catches targeted multiplied by yards per catch could have given a better example of a cbs effectiveness. Thus, shutdown corners could also progress despite their lack of stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »