Home

Why do people hate CCM Progression?

This is a discussion on Why do people hate CCM Progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: Why do people hate CCM Progression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
The xp system does not take as long as your making it seem. I have a full time job and what not but don't choose to take the game as serious as some people on here. Just sim the practice mode and xp distribution if you want. What then? The players aren't high enough for you? Well doesn't the game play better against the computer with lower overall players anyway if that's true.... No other game let's you edit everybody in the league like this. The people who take the game way to seriously have just gotten so spoiled over the years. And now EA can't seem to do anything right in their eyes. The XP system is a huge upgrade to what we had in the previous editions. It's not really close. And the way they allow you to distribute points across your team gives you a lot of custimization.
You fail in contradictions, nor do you excite me about XP. It's not faster than editing, nor can we quickly DL anyone else's XP'ed roster files to save us time, either. Also, we have obviously had editing in several games before or else there is no chance at being spoiled previously. Furthermore, it has not been "years" in-season per Madden, rather it was just last year that allowed that. Just last year...a huge selling point, I might add...and already taken back away.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Now we have weekly and career goals we could strive to achieve to earn even more xp and feel that much more accomplished. Making the pro bowl gives you more points to spend, MVP gives you a huge amount as a reward. You want to strip down a system that has worked in SO many games for years just so you could edit the players yourself as you see fit? Sounds boring to me.

Put it this way. If NBA 2K13, did what your saying, tore down their xp system to give players fixed potential ratings, automatic progression and ability to just edit any player you what. They would have thousands of angry fans. EA is finally catching up to the rest of the sporting world and you want them to go in reverse and be uncreative and un-innovative, just so you could edit players yourself? No just no
Old 09-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

You're assuming things, first of all. If you actually read what I wrote, you'd see where I said to give us the option to edit and/or use XP or turn it off would be beyond convenience....basically, it'd be preferable to have the option of both at once or just one or the other or neither. Options to choose from are any game's saving grace. That's what I'm alluding to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

They should have random multipliers for players so they can progress really fast. So for example, your diamond in the rough 7th round WR (Colston) progresses really fast in his rookie training camp and goes on to be a starter in the NFL.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
You're assuming things, first of all. If you actually read what I wrote, you'd see where I said to give us the option to edit and/or use XP or turn it off would be beyond convenience....basically, it'd be preferable to have the option of both at once or just one or the other or neither. Options to choose from are any game's saving grace. That's what I'm alluding to.
You just can't do that in games. You give the player to much control and they bore themselves to death lol it's true. That's why games make you actually earn things and not just let you get the best sword in the game at level 1. Not let you choose what loot you find on a monster you slay. Not let you tune your car without winning enough races to build your earning and unlock upgrades. I can go on and on. But the point is, What you want just doesn't work in the gaming world. To much control is a BAD thing. Seriously just think about that ok. And I do respect your opinion mine is just different, I actually like you as a poster on the site.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

Quote:
You just can't do that in games. You give the player to much control and they bore themselves to death lol it's true. That's why games make you actually earn things and not just let you get the best sword in the game at level 1. Not let you choose what loot you find on a monster you slay. Not let you tune your car without winning enough races to build your earning and unlock upgrades. I can go on and on. But the point is, What you want just doesn't work in the gaming world. To much control is a BAD thing. Seriously just think about that ok. And I do respect your opinion mine is just different, I actually like you as a poster on the site.

Yeah, no anger here, either...I'm totally cool with you, but you are confusing me, now. I don't think it makes the game any slower or more boring with editing as opposed to XP progression. Editing is the quick fix, I have to believe. It bypasses Donny Moore's opinions and/or whatever site he gets ratings from, it bypasses practice, it bypasses mini games I don't want to "have to" play to reach ratings levels and it's just more convenient for someone who seriously doesn't jive with longer time needed to enjoy the game.

I'll do a test when I have more time...perhaps on Sunday...I'll time how long it takes me to edit my starters in Madden 12, and then I'll time how long it takes me to get the same ratings to the same guys in Madden 13. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a difference of several hours, if not days, though. I'll give it to you that it's a level of immersion, but I just don't like not having the option to not have to deal with it at all.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Yeah, no anger here, either...I'm totally cool with you, but you are confusing me, now. I don't think it makes the game any slower or more boring with editing as opposed to XP progression. Editing is the quick fix, I have to believe. It bypasses Donny Moore's opinions and/or whatever site he gets ratings from, it bypasses practice, it bypasses mini games I don't want to "have to" play to reach ratings levels and it's just more convenient for someone who seriously doesn't jive with longer time needed to enjoy the game.

I'll do a test when I have more time...perhaps on Sunday...I'll time how long it takes me to edit my starters in Madden 12, and then I'll time how long it takes me to get the same ratings to the same guys in Madden 13. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a difference of several hours, if not days, though. I'll give it to you that it's a level of immersion, but I just don't like not having the option to not have to deal with it at all.
Ok, one thing though. There is a trick(or not really a trick at all) to saving yourself a lot of time with the xp system..... Just wait til the end of the season to distribute the points you earned to players, eh eh. Problem solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

Quote:
Ok, one thing though. There is a trick(or not really a trick at all) to saving yourself a lot of time with the xp system..... Just wait til the end of the season to distribute the points you earned to players, eh eh. Problem solved.

Okay, but that doesn't help me immediately improve the breakout player on each team at that-very-instant that I want them there. It's those specific and immediate instances that not only change the tide of a game but even whole seasons - look what Victor Cruz did for NYG last year. That's what I'm getting at, and sorry for not making that clearer. I want that editing ability back so that I can make it reflect in my offline league just like the real NFL. I don't care what team it's for, either. If it helps a team I hate...don't care...want them immediately reflected accordingly so that they challenge the whole league as they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »