Home

One Regular Season Down, and pretty happy! (Analysis/Long!)

This is a discussion on One Regular Season Down, and pretty happy! (Analysis/Long!) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #17
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: One Regular Season Down, and pretty happy! (Analysis/Long!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
Aren't the names and stories randomly generated?
No, they aren't. When you get the draft class (There are 30) is randomly determined, but the draft classes are set. Since everyone knows the name already, for example -- Jordan Parks is always considered like the most amazing QB ever, and there's always a draft with two twin corners, one of which will usually switch positions.

So, the names and stories aren't randomly generated, just when you get which class is random.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Don't worry, it sounds like player draft stories are dynamic....how the stories progress can be different from franchise to franchise.
While that is true, I was keeping the spoilers just so people didn't get the names of Storyline players, but trying to keep those names quiet on a Madden forum is an exercise in futility.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Your stats looks good but how did other teams stats look against u.. Especially the run game lol
I *was* #1 against both the run and the pass, but it wasn't like no one could move the ball on me. I think I had a total of 3 or maybe 4 100 yard rushers against me all year.

Arian Foster, Cedric Benson, Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch all had 100 yard games against me. I felt the CPU run game was always solid, I just obviously have an amazing front seven.

I'm sure it could be tweaked, and I'll be looking at all my numbers and also my snap numbers to see if I can make things better for next season. Default All-Pro was definitely a great base to tweak from, though -- definitely still had to account for the CPU run game.

Thanks for the question!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

My two playoff games so far really show the difference in games you can get, even with a basically un-slidered All Pro!

Demolition in the Divisional Round, my Lions ROLLED 61-3, had a 38-3 at the half to where I sat Stafford and Calvin the entire second half to get Kellen Moore some playing time in a playoff game. He did pretty well to where I even decided to let Shaun Hill play some. My defense was just DOMINANT, forcing six turnovers, including four interceptions. Two by Bill Bentley, including one for a TD, shows his development and his Pro Bowl selection is no fluke.

The second game had me on pins and needles till late in the fourth quarter, Packers at home -- we advance to the Super Bowl 20-6, where we will face the Texans, who took out the Ravens in the AFC Title Game.

Also wanted to point out that I've already purchased the "Expert Scout Package", as it was very expensive with me being a Strategist coach... now I'll be able to work on XP Boosts all of the next season. Loving the progression, and after this Super Bowl, I can't wait for this draft. Hoping I can move up a bit and select the cornerback I've been targeting mid-to-late first round.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #21
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Just like to thank those of you who have helped rate this thread back up to 4 stars... I was quite upset by that juvenile who made it look like this was a worthless thread. Good discussion going here, and I'll keep updating as I move along to help give a people an idea of what to expect during their CC's...

They have GOT to fix the fair catch bug it did rear its head in the NFC Championship, although luckily it didn't affect the game situation.

Thank you voters, and thanks for a great chat to all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #22
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

My one issue with this ccm is that u turned ints down to 25. This years game does not cheat to get ints other than the cpu closing on the ball too quickly. If u want a more realistic experience ive found that if u turn reaction time down to 25 but leave ints at 50 the cpu wont close as quickly but youll still pay for it if u throw a ball into coverage.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
RE: Jahvid Best

My thoughts on Best come from being a native Detroiter and hearing talk radio and other chatter, but mostly from sources around the team and obviously just observation of the whole situation. He's been out with that concussion since last October, after obviously having concussions screw his career at Cal, ending his final season.

So, he's got ANOTHER concussion from last October, and he was still PUP at this point... we here in Detroit figure the chances of him coming back are slim-to-none, with Slim quickly inching towards the door... when the questions start becoming "OK, if he comes back -- is this going to affect his quality of life later on" its time to hang them up -- and we've been asking this since about December.

Great read on your season, I'll be looking to get a new person in Burleson's spot as well, but Titus Young has been doing a great job for me so far, and is having an amazing Playoffs thus far. (I'll be finishing the writeup, but I stopped playing after making the Super Bowl last night.)

Well that' disappointing about Best. Guess I will just keep him on the roster but not assigned for this season at least. By week 6 in real life when he can come back I guess we will know what happens.

Young is a great WR, but too short for me to be 1st or 2nd, so I put him in the slot with Johnson and a tall good 2 receiver. Thinking about drafting one with my first pick if there aren't any quality RE's in the 2013 draft.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
My two playoff games so far really show the difference in games you can get, even with a basically un-slidered All Pro!

Demolition in the Divisional Round, my Lions ROLLED 61-3, had a 38-3 at the half to where I sat Stafford and Calvin the entire second half to get Kellen Moore some playing time in a playoff game. He did pretty well to where I even decided to let Shaun Hill play some. My defense was just DOMINANT, forcing six turnovers, including four interceptions. Two by Bill Bentley, including one for a TD, shows his development and his Pro Bowl selection is no fluke.

The second game had me on pins and needles till late in the fourth quarter, Packers at home -- we advance to the Super Bowl 20-6, where we will face the Texans, who took out the Ravens in the AFC Title Game.

Also wanted to point out that I've already purchased the "Expert Scout Package", as it was very expensive with me being a Strategist coach... now I'll be able to work on XP Boosts all of the next season. Loving the progression, and after this Super Bowl, I can't wait for this draft. Hoping I can move up a bit and select the cornerback I've been targeting mid-to-late first round.
First XP packs that I got was the CB, then WR. Mainly because for the money, they add XP to important skill positions and 3-4 players at once. When all the others only add XP to one player.

After I won the super bowl and got a bunch of coach XP I got the QB, LB, HB packs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »