Home

Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE?

This is a discussion on Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE?

Wimbley of the Titans in my CCM got 25

My team was pretty low, highest on my Lions was LE Avril with 16
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #42
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

I stand corrected.... J. Allen is now back on track to break the sack record set by B. Robison.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #43
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Played all 16 games in my first offline CCM. Matthews finished with 23, Raji and Perry both had 5, Worthy, Bishop, Walden all with 4. Pickett 2, Hawk 2. Had a few more backups, cornerbacks and safeties all had about 1 a piece. I control a MLB in zone or Qb spy or the safety.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 09-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Offline CCM w/Eagles (Year 2).

By week 15 Trent Cole (LE) had 23 sacks. Babin (RE) only had 2. Since I locked up home-field advantage, I benched Cole for the remainder of the regular season and started Babin at LE and Darryl Tapp at RE. Babin had 4 sacks in the last 2 games. Tapp had 1.

Keep in mind this is on All-Pro with CPU Pass Blocking at 60.

There's a definite difference in the quality of the pass rush coming from the LE.

What I haven't seen (excuse me if I've missed it), is anybody pointing out how line adjustments play a part in this. When I adjust to an outside rush, the LE rushes the outside edge, but the RE crashes to the inside of the LT. If you adjust to an inside rush, the RE will actually crash OUTSIDE.

I like to user my DEs, and after figuring all this out, I'll crash inside, then manually adjust my other defensive lineman to blitz straight ahead, and user my LE (after spreading the line and taking a step further to the outside). 6 games into my new season, Cole has 8 sacks, Babin has 3, which, while not perfect, has resulted in more balance.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 1

I started a new CC and Robison has 12 sacks in 4 games. ****
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #46
Rookie

steelsnarf's Arena

Chris Clemons was out for the first 9 games, and he comes in to relieve Bruce Irvin who had 8 sacks, pretty good.

Clemons ended up with 22 sacks, in 7 games... I mean I love the effort but come on that's just unrealistic.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #47
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

Last season with Chiefs using the attacking 4-3 scheme, Houston at LE got 15 sacks, Hali (missed 4 games) at RE got 11, Poe at LDT got 8, and Bailey at RDT got 3. I am happy with those numbers from the d line.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

I user MLB. In my first season, Brian Robison snapped the sack record with something like 25 sacks....and 2nd year, heading into my last game of the season he has 43+ sacks. The kicker is, he was injured for at least 4-5 games this season. I probably shouldn't have pumped all that xp into his power moves... But my god, something must be done.

Playing with all-pro default sliders. 15 min quarters with accel clock to 13 seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »