Home

Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE?

This is a discussion on Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee86
I user MLB. In my first season, Brian Robison snapped the sack record with something like 25 sacks....and 2nd year, heading into my last game of the season he has 43+ sacks. The kicker is, he was injured for at least 4-5 games this season. I probably shouldn't have pumped all that xp into his power moves... But my god, something must be done.

Playing with all-pro default sliders. 15 min quarters with accel clock to 13 seconds.
15 min qtrs is your problem.... what is the score of your games? Same settings with 7 min qtrs 20 sec ACC clock Dunlap had 20 sacks mostly with the CPU controlling him. I would put up 100 pts a game and 15 sacks with 15 min Qtrs lol
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #50
Rookie

This Dude in my league has almost 40 sacks with CAMERON JORDAN out of the 3-4 lol

I love getting sacks but wish it was 30 split between my DEs instead of 28 with Bruce Irvin and 2 with my other DE. the only way my other DE gets any sacks is if the QB scrambles into him or hes is unblocked from blitzing.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #51
Banned

throckmeisterz's Arena

OVR: 2

Getting sacks with your DEs has been insanely easy since at least Madden 10, maybe earlier (this is when I started playing a lot). LEs, in particular, can get to the qb on virtually every play. EA seems to have attempted to counter this by allowing AI qbs to get passes off even after they're hit, throwing incompletions and not being called for intentional grounding. This year, actually, I'm having a harder time getting the sack numbers I used to see in previous years. There are caps on all season and game stats in Madden; as far as I've been able to tell, these have stayed the same since I started playing. For example, it is impossible to get more than 127 TD passes to count towards a qb's season stats (as makes sense, the cap always falls just under an exponent of 2); interestingly, further TD passes count towards career stats. The cap for season sacks is 63, a number which I used to reach every year with even mediocre LEs. In Madden 10, I hit 63 seasons sacks for the first time with Connor Barwin and proceeded to hail him as a football god until I tried someone else and had even more success.

I'm actually astonished to hear people reporting realistic-ish numbers in the twenties and thirties. I routinely reach 30ish sacks with my number 1 DT. I have, in previous maddens, even been able to get two different players each 63 sacks by rotating them into the LE position. Certain players in previous maddens could average ten+ sacks a game. This year, the 63 mark is a bit harder to hit but still reachable. I play rookie LB Luke Kuechly at LE, rotating my other LBs in as needed to bolster their stats and development; last season, playing LE for about 2/3 of the season's snaps, Kuechly reached 60 sacks. If you don't believe me, try Clay Matthews at LE or any fast athletic player with high power move and blockshed.

Last edited by throckmeisterz; 12-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #52
Rookie

kevlar_pso's Arena

OVR: 1

I have a small league I started to play with my nephews. I use the Redskins and we have 8 min quarters, 20 acc clock on all-pro with the default sliders.

Ryan Kerrigan & Brian Orakpo are on the D line with the Redskins defensive playbook. Over the course of our 1st season, both Kerrigan and Orakpo are the starting OLBs for the Pro Bowl. I was able to earn enough EXP, thanks to their high sack count, to improve both from Fast to Superstar. For the playoffs, I boosted Kerrigan's speed from 81 to 85 and he broke the single game sack record. I held off on boosting Orakpo's speed too much, only a point of two. If I increase it any more his overall will go up. Next season is his last year of his contract, so I don't want to break the bank to re-sign him. You better believe after I do, his speed will be crazy. He will be over 90 speed by the end of the regular season.

This has made the game fun, but I admit, it is ridiculous. Both players are good pass rushers on one of the best D lines in the game.

In my other online CCM, there have been multiple players that broke the single season sack record, or came close with a news story about it. I hope the O line is addressed in M14.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #53
Rookie

4 consecutive plays on defense DeMarcus Ware had a sack on his way to a 9 sack game. Cutler wasnt so lucky, he was knocked out of the game.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiekush43
15 min qtrs is your problem.... what is the score of your games? Same settings with 7 min qtrs 20 sec ACC clock Dunlap had 20 sacks mostly with the CPU controlling him. I would put up 100 pts a game and 15 sacks with 15 min Qtrs lol

I average about 40 points a game. Lowering the quarters isn't an option if I want my defensive players to rack up proper stats, wish they'd find a way to balance the LE. No one else on the team had more than 9-11 sacks(Jared Allen had about 9, Kevin Williams 10) by the end of that season.

I also wish the assisted tackles and total tackles were back as stats. Best I've seen from D has been about 75-80 solo tackles from my top 2-3 guys, which is about right, but without total tackles they have trouble making those goals.

Last edited by JayTee86; 12-10-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 1

its part of the reason ive staley to RT, slide prot to right and if i have a choice put fb or hb in protection to right.
on defence shift best DE to LE, Aldon however in year aint getting many sacks so i have to get creative with shifts to put him in position. putting him lolb wont work like with DE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #56
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

Mind you I play on a lower setting with the example I am quoting, I play one CCM when i am pissed to utterly destroy the comp, and one to actually play for real.

15 min quarters and I use the bills, thru 7 games in year Mario williams has 22 sacks from LE. K Williams has like 5, M Dareus has like 7, a 1st round RE has like 4. My MLB has 3, everyone else has like 1. All the rest of the stats are somewhat realistic on defense. Normally have 2-3 players as 8-11 ish tackles, a bunch of 3-5 tackle people. Somewhat realistic for me, just unrealistic from M Williams. Although truth be told about 5-6 of his sacks were QB getting chased to his side and pushed right to him. I control Dareus on Right DT side and usually bull the QB that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »