Home

What is with the absolutely horrible GameFlow/ask madden play logic? (MUT only?)

This is a discussion on What is with the absolutely horrible GameFlow/ask madden play logic? (MUT only?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

OVR: 0
What is with the absolutely horrible GameFlow/ask madden play logic? (MUT only?)

I've been sticking just to MUT so far because I was waiting for CCM patches and what have you.

The suggested playcalling for the user, and the plays the CPU runs are completely nonsensical to put it bluntly when related to clock management.

Examples:

-The game will only EVER tell you to take a knee if theres like 3 seconds in the first half, never in the 2nd half.

-The cpu does NOT run out the clock. I've had the cpu run a passing play and throw an INT against me when they literally could have just taken a knee to win the game.

- There are a ton of passes that get suggested to you/cpu runs when they should be running the ball or running out the clock.

- Lets say youre set up for a game winning field goal with like 30 seconds left at the playcall screen. It will suggest you kick a fieldgoal. Now you run the clock down to 3 seconds or whatever and call a timeout (i think it works like this if the CPU calls a timeout too but Im not quite sure). Now you will NOT be suggested to kick a fieldgoal. You have to press like 5 buttons to get back to kick a fieldgoal int he playcall screen.

- If the game goes to OT, the cpu just goes full ******. They start calling time outs when they shouldn't because the game can't end in a tie.

Do these issues exist outside of Ultimate Team? Id hate for the CPU to be throwing ints instead of taking knees in the playoffs in CCM or whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

Re: What is with the absolutely horrible GameFlow/ask madden play logic? (MUT only?)

anyone? =(
Old 09-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
Rookie

CzingerX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What is with the absolutely horrible GameFlow/ask madden play logic? (MUT only?)

I play CCM, it was like this in other maddens too.. Yes, it aint that great (Gameflow). Every game, multiple times I always get the play calls "Stick" and "Four Verticals", among other things.

I manually pick plays and use Gameflow now. Just needs to be tuned more.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

yeah it only calls maybe 20 different plays. Last game it told me to pass when I had the ball with 50 seconds up by 13 on first down with the other team having no time outs.

Im more concerned about how the CPU behaves in other modes though, as I can just pick my own plays when the suggestions are ridiculous for myself. But seriously I couldnt believe it when the CPU threw a freaking INT to me when they could have kneeled to run the clock out in 2 plays and almost let me win the game. That is straight up gamebreaking and I wouldnt even want to start a CCM if thats how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »