Home

Coach XP Boost Packs too expensive

This is a discussion on Coach XP Boost Packs too expensive within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Coach XP Boost Packs too expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
It takes a few drafts and several seasons' worth of reflection to be dubbed a draft guru. Jimmy Johnson got that reputation, but it didn't come overnight; it was the result of several years of HOF production by a few of his draftees.
Giants' GM Jerry Reese was berated at the start of last season for letting some big-name players get away and instead relying on the system. A season later, he has a Super Bowl ring and looking through his drafts, the WORST draft he had was when he picked one of the top receivers in the league and a LT who (if he can stay healthy) is the unquestioned starter for the Giants. He's been the GM since 2008 and his amazing drafts haven't really been noticed until now (which of course makes sense considering it takes time for the players to develop or fall apart).
Old 09-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
Some of the coach xp boost packs are way too expensive.

For example, I can understand the WR, and CB being that expensive, because you get important players all getting xp for the one price.

But why do I have to buy each individual pack for the same price for a guard, safety, linebacker, etc?

Why not have a Linebacker XP pack, rather than splitting it up MLB ROLB LOLB.

And a LT/RT pack, rather than having to buy a LT then a RT

By my 4th+ season of CCM I won't be able to afford all the packs and I don't think that's right.

Not to mention I'd like by the 4th or 5th year to have the scouting package as well, and that is also very expensive.
Enjoy this set up. It going take time to be a legacy coach
Old 09-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
Some of the coach xp boost packs are way too expensive.

For example, I can understand the WR, and CB being that expensive, because you get important players all getting xp for the one price.

But why do I have to buy each individual pack for the same price for a guard, safety, linebacker, etc?

Why not have a Linebacker XP pack, rather than splitting it up MLB ROLB LOLB.

And a LT/RT pack, rather than having to buy a LT then a RT

By my 4th+ season of CCM I won't be able to afford all the packs and I don't think that's right.

Not to mention I'd like by the 4th or 5th year to have the scouting package as well, and that is also very expensive.
i bought all the boost packs by the beginning of my second season. i think they could be to cheap or the price is right. seems to me you just want to boost ovr and complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Scouting package is a waste. 2,000 scouting points a week is plenty. There is no need to scout every single player. I scout 3-4 players around my first 4 draft picks then just sort by intangibles on the unscouted be usually 5-7th rounders in Madden never become starters. I still have a few thousand left when I'm done scouting.

Spending QB XP boost is pointless to me as well. I buy for what position needs progression faster. For example with the Saints, I buy RE and C to boost Martez Wilson and my drafted C.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
Rookie

lon515's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Scouting package is a waste. 2,000 scouting points a week is plenty. There is no need to scout every single player. I scout 3-4 players around my first 4 draft picks then just sort by intangibles on the unscouted be usually 5-7th rounders in Madden never become starters. I still have a few thousand left when I'm done scouting.

Spending QB XP boost is pointless to me as well. I buy for what position needs progression faster. For example with the Saints, I buy RE and C to boost Martez Wilson and my drafted C.
you know how many defensive starters i got in the 5-7 rounds that are all 84 and up, you can find the some of the best players late your philosophy is wrong, but i do agree that the scouting pack is useless you get more than enough to scout the whole draft if you wanted to.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

What's the best to draft? 5,000 is way to much to find out what type of player he I'll be. What's your approach to getting good players in draft
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
Rookie

lon515's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2dagamej31
What's the best to draft? 5,000 is way to much to find out what type of player he I'll be. What's your approach to getting good players in draft
draft everyone by awr its only 25 points and it means the probably have high skills or once you get high skills there ovr skyrockets,

so scout the awr and if it is a b or higher scout some other traits and the fit your scheme and Boom you find the best players, i never drafted a bust in 5 seasons , i leave the draft with the best draft every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
Rookie

chzblck's Arena

OVR: 1

Awareness is 100 not 25.

They recently changed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »