Home

Tired of the cheating CPU (All-PRO)

This is a discussion on Tired of the cheating CPU (All-PRO) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #25
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Tired of the cheating CPU (All-PRO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
If you're being pressured, how are you having the time to scan all 5 receivers? And then look for the scramble after that?
What's more, if he is having trouble picking up the pass rush, why isn't he changing formations and keeping some guys into block?

I have good games, I have blowouts -- I even lost a game in this first season to the Packers at Lambeau. The only change I've made to non-penalty sliders is to lower CPU INT to 25.

All-Pro is definitely beatable, and its not cheating you. Some people just have a hard time dealing with the fact that they may not be strong enough to play a difficulty level -- same as those who won't play high enough and brag about their records...

But, I promise you that you aren't being cheated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 02:16 AM   #26
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
If you're being pressured, how are you having the time to scan all 5 receivers? And then look for the scramble after that?

maybe hes looking at the replays?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #27
Rookie

I have a theory that getting rid of all levels of gameplay would be the best way to go. Make it so that the ability of the team you are playing truthfully defines the difficulty of the game. Playing the Packers should genuinely be more challenging than, say, the Redskins (I'm a Cowboys fan ). Then have a bunch of different pre-set sliders set to modify the abilities of your team and the AI but so that by seeing the sliders adjust you get an honest picture of how the players are being boosted. Of course, you could still modify them yourself but you wouldn't be caught in this difficulty level/slider conundrum.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 AM   #28
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
I have a theory that getting rid of all levels of gameplay would be the best way to go. Make it so that the ability of the team you are playing truthfully defines the difficulty of the game. Playing the Packers should genuinely be more challenging than, say, the Redskins (I'm a Cowboys fan ). Then have a bunch of different pre-set sliders set to modify the abilities of your team and the AI but so that by seeing the sliders adjust you get an honest picture of how the players are being boosted. Of course, you could still modify them yourself but you wouldn't be caught in this difficulty level/slider conundrum.
The issue with that is - if you want to increase the overall difficulty of the game (making it harder against everyone) you would have to edit the sliders of every single team.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
The issue with that is - if you want to increase the overall difficulty of the game (making it harder against everyone) you would have to edit the sliders of every single team.
The team ratings would determine the ability of each team. The sliders would then be global modifying their abilities accordingly but the benefit would be that it was out there for you to know exactly how they are being boosted (or not, if you go the opposite way and make them worse). If you wanted to make every team equally difficult - which is what I think you mean - reintroduce something like a global ratings adjustment - say, increase the rating of every player by 15%, or vice versa. Whatever percentage you choose. But the point is the evidence of how the game is adjusted is visible and transparent. I don't think any of us knows truthfully what each difficulty level does except make players do unrealistic things at higher levels.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #30
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

How are these "team ratings" any different from the individual player ratings that exist now?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #31
Rookie

No different. I am simply saying get rid of difficulty levels and explaining how the game could then be better tailored to suit individual preferences. In the absence of the difficulty levels they could better ensure that the sliders work properly. As it stands, what does changing the difficulty level of the game actually do? For years I was a "community leader" visiting Tiburon each year and I never got a proper answer to that question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #32
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

Well this year, changing the difficulty level affects the sliders.

On All-Pro, all HUM sliders are at 50. On Pro, 75. On All-Madden, 25.

I'm not sure if there's any other effect, but that seems to be the main one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »