Home

Pass rush moves help...please help?

This is a discussion on Pass rush moves help...please help? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Pass rush moves help...please help?

Hey guys! I have been a madden player for years. Mostly offline franchises. Not a big fan of the new ccm mode but that's a different topic. I am really having trouble user pass rushing with my defensive players ( I don't mean blitzing or nano blitzing). Everytime I user my d end(4-3) or olb(3-4) he is completely ineffective. Even when I all blitz my user guy seems to be the only one who gets held up for an extended period of time. I have seen the breakdown with the l stick and right stick but for the life of me cannot figure it out. Case in point using the bills I user Mario Williams and Everytime I rush the passer no matter what direction I push the corresponding he sticks he automatically goes to a spin move. I find this very ineffective because by the time I break free the quarterback has already made his read and is firing the ball off for a substantial gain. I have played over a hundred games on madden 13 and am literally lucky to average a sack a game no matter what team I use( not a sack per player but team sacks.) what am I doing wrong? Any feedback will help. Please be detailed such as is It more effective to use left stick and right stick at the same time, or one or the other? What movements trigger each move, and what strategies do you use to create effective user pressure? Thanks in advance any tips would help to make this game a much better experience for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pass rush moves help...please help?

Try using less of the right stick. When the ball is snapped, use only the left stick to engage, or if you have a fast OLB, i like to move back off the line so he stands, then try and jump the snap and hold R2 to sprint straight at the qb. If you don't get a sack you should get some pressure. I use the R stick after engaging if i have to, and just push it either to the outside or the inside depending the way you want, and hold r2. I know theres auto-sprint, but still using R2 to sprint seems to make him speed rush instead of just regular rush
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
Banned

41 view and no reply?!?! This community had seriously disappointed me tonight! Thanks to the one person who took the time to reply. Judging by the traffic on this site I should have started a " this game is broken"
Post to get some fanfare
Old 09-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I play on 360, what system do you play on?

For me, I prefer finesse pass-rushers with speed. I flip the right stick to the left or right, depending on which direction I want to do my swim move. Most DTs are better at power moves, in which case I flip the right stick down. I've found that a huge part of it is timing. If you don't start your move at the right time, it won't work. Plus, sometimes the OL just gets the better of you.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd try moving the LE or RE away from the center a little further and coming at more of an angle. I have much better luck in 3-4 defense with man coverage. I make king of a big loop to get around the blocker. Engaging them directly is useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #6
Rookie

ASkylitMike's Arena

OVR: 4

I think a lot of it depends on the player matchup. In '12, I could EASILY swim out of the Gs and Ts with Luis Castillo, but in '13, I'm having a little harder of a time.
When I blitz with Shaun Phillips though, I usually just engage and then flip right on the right stick (I play on the 360) and he swims out of the G or T and the QB is all mine.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

If you like using other people besides DL, try the FS or SS on a safety blitz. I have gotten countless blindside sacks by rushing the safety, sprinting around the line and hurdling the RB if he's in to chip. If you have an impact safety (P. Chung, Adrian Wilson, Taylor Mays, etc.) you can get killer sacks and devastate the RB on runs if you can read the setup correctly.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

tebowtime15's Arena

I've had trouble with pass rushing as well. Even with the best pass rushers in the game. When you guys use the right stick, do you just flick it over one time, hold it down, or continue to move it back and forth? This is driving me crazy because this is the only real issue I have with this game! (I am playing with Jarrod's all madden slider set)
Orlando Magic

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »