Home

Madden 12 - damn it's nice

This is a discussion on Madden 12 - damn it's nice within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Aikman had a game and Joe Montana had a couple of games for the Genesis (it's just that Madden owned it completely).
John elway football on nes

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #26
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 12 - damn it's nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
everybody that knew (sic) about ragdoll physics (sic) knew this would happen just by looking at backbreaker football...why is it a shock...
Never said it was a shock....backbreaker was just as "arcadey" for the same reason....

Now, if they put these physics into NFL Blitz....THAT would be fun.....the game is already over the top....the physics would add to the faux realism.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
John elway football on nes
WOW! I grew up in the NES era and never heard of that one.....I had to 'google' that one
Old 09-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #28
Rookie

lon515's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I played 12 today for the first time since 13 came out. Now I like 13 gameplay but 12 is just great as the whole package. The game speed and how the game flows is just perfect. 13 is a bit more frantic which i also like but 12 is paced just right. The graphics and presentation as a whole are great. I miss the team home specific sounds and intros in 13. You'd think that would be easy to port over. And 12 CPU late game ai is 100x better than 13.

13 gameplay is better but 12 isn't that bad. Franchise 12 owns 13. I don't know what to do. I guess keep both and play each? I can't choose one over the other.

you must be smoking that Icky Sticky to think franchise is better, i got over player editing changing numbers dont mean anything to me, once you get that out the way in comparison 12 franchise was week it was so bare, just games, and editing, with broken progression and horrible scouting feature. the only thing old franchise has over ccm is editing. and for saying you think it is better well........................
Old 09-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #29
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I think it was called NFL QB Club. But Aikman was the cover man and a commentator or something. The games gameplay played pretty much like 2K5 but was made in the mid 90s.
Favre was on the last Quarterback club "99" for the N64 I bought it for my son along with Madden64 it was far more fun than Madden

Loved the days when there was competition. I spend less money now, but that's not a good thing. I have updated my Madden 12 rosters (thanks dhsmustang, and cursive ), and even grabbed a classic roster (thanks drj32) and have been playing that. I do get the urge to play a physics based game, and for that I turn to BackBreaker with updated rosters (BBHighlights), classic teams (Mjordan), and even some ncaa custom teams. Although it's crudely animated, I think it shows more fundamentals in general football (line interaction, ratings playing out on the field, line of sight reaction) and more respect for physics in general (this is just my opinion please don't crucify me) playing out on the field and not just controlled collisions like M13. I haven't played m13 post patch but from what I've seen they decided to script more rather than letting the infinity engine do it's job.

I'm waiting to see how they improve on IE in M14, I hope they don't continue to script collisions other than incidental contact (line interaction I can understand). I just can't get behind connected careers in it's current state.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 09-16-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
...Yeah...I think '12 was one of the most hated Maddens.

This is the typical OS attitude to the timeline of Madden's release:

2 months after release - "This game sucks!! Gameplay is broken, online play is broken. Down with EA!"...
Question for you.

Do you believe those yearly reactions from people are their honest opinions or because they just have nothing better to do or say?

For the record I thought EVERY Madden from 6-12 had horrible gameplay, no matter how I tried to tweak it with sliders, etc. (I play 95 percent of the time offline) 13 I've had some fun with, it's at least playable for me.

The problem isn't with OS.

I think the percentage of people just trolling that they hate the game is very small. A lot of people genuinely think the game has stunk every year, and for some reason this upsets people who like the game.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #31
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
Favre was on the last Quarterback club "99" for the N64 I bought it for my son along with Madden64 it was far more fun than Madden

Loved the days when there was competition. I spend less money now, but that's not a good thing. I have updated my Madden 12 rosters (thanks dhsmustang, and cursive ), and even grabbed a classic roster (thanks drj32) and have been playing that. I do get the urge to play a physics based game, and for that I turn to BackBreaker with updated rosters (BBHighlights), classic teams (Mjordan), and even some ncaa custom teams. Although it's crudely animated, I think it shows more fundamentals in general football (line interaction, ratings playing out on the field, line of sight reaction) and more respect for physics in general (this is just my opinion please don't crucify me) playing out on the field and not just controlled collisions like M13. I haven't played m13 post patch but from what I've seen they decided to script more rather than letting the infinity engine do it's job.

I'm waiting to see how they improve on IE in M14, I hope they don't continue to script collisions other than incidental contact (line interaction I can understand). I just can't get behind connected careers in it's current state.
Could you download the rosters directly from the PS3 since its a PS3 game file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 6

good replies.

Madden 13 gameplay is good, but I agree it's like a beta year and Madden 14 SHOULD be good fixing all of CCM stuff. The passing game is better because you can lead your receivers. 12 and 13 just play different type of games. 12 feels more like you're playing NFL while 13 feels more arcade. but I want some arcade in my football games. It's a videogame afterall.

as for those old games, Joe Montana Football for Sega Genesis that first year was one of the best football videogames i've ever played. 2nd year they screwed that whole thing up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »