Home

Does 'Tight Spiral' matter???

This is a discussion on Does 'Tight Spiral' matter??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does 'Tight Spiral' matter???

You can buy traits your player already has? Awesome.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLove
You can buy traits your player already has? Awesome.
Priceless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #11
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, I think there's some stuff that has no impact on gameplay, like Tight Spiral.

I would love to be proven wrong. I wish EA would show how Clutch/Tight Spiral/Throw Into Coverage/Scramble actually work, and provide some evidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Banned

MikeLove's Arena

OVR: 0

How hard would it be for them to release a complete compiled list of ratings and exactly what theyre SUPPOSED to do? I don't even care if theyre broken, we could at least test them that way. I mean if a rating is used for all sorts of checks in the code you should be able to take a few days, hell a week if you want, and just kinda say what the ratings are intended to do. It would be a huge boon for the community instead of this secret illuminati bs where we don't know wtf what does what, therefore don't know what the outcomes of certain situations SHOULD BE. Hell you have a giant community of players willing to QA your product for free, just give us some information. Most companies would love to be in that situation.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 1
I've been wanting to know if the player traits matter at all, when you're just simming the games.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
That one is tricky... because Matt Ryan already has that trait but it is also available for me to purchase... which I think is weird. It made me start checking profiles before I actually purchase a trait.

Ya I ran into this with Matthew Stafford too. I checked the traits and it said Throw Tight Spiral YES but when purchasing upgrades its in there as one you can purchase. So wtf.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

Not near my PS3 right now but im pretty surer traits show up on the menu but if you already have them they are locked and you cant actually spend XP on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLove
How hard would it be for them to release a complete compiled list of ratings and exactly what theyre SUPPOSED to do? I don't even care if theyre broken, we could at least test them that way. I mean if a rating is used for all sorts of checks in the code you should be able to take a few days, hell a week if you want, and just kinda say what the ratings are intended to do. It would be a huge boon for the community instead of this secret illuminati bs where we don't know wtf what does what, therefore don't know what the outcomes of certain situations SHOULD BE. Hell you have a giant community of players willing to QA your product for free, just give us some information. Most companies would love to be in that situation.
This. Just look at 2k13 and their new signature skills feature. They clearly tell the user what each trait is AND how they trigger, AND what kind of boost they give to a player percentage wise. With Madden no, its all just speculation...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »