Home

Changing Scheme in Online CCM

This is a discussion on Changing Scheme in Online CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Changing Scheme in Online CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
So someone can't change their scheme from a 3-4 to a 4-3? Doesn't your team scheme have an effect on FA signing? Better fits meaning they are more likely to sign?

I guess I just don't get why we can only change player scheme
I'm in my 3rd year offline CCM, my team scheme hasn't ever changed even though I've changed playbook and signed 3-4 team from the beginning. As far as I've seen and heard, with a created coach you're a WC/Spread team period.

Anyone have visual proof of anything different?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
The team scheme is just a reflection of what type of players you have on your team. If I have a lot of West Coast players my team scheme will be that. It has NO effect of how your team plays.
It does have an affect, because part of the resigning/free agent logic is player/team fit.

I have cover two players on the Bears that are seeking more money because they perceive the Bears as a "spread" defense and a bad fit.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
I'm in my 3rd year offline CCM, my team scheme hasn't ever changed even though I've changed playbook and signed 3-4 team from the beginning. As far as I've seen and heard, with a created coach you're a WC/Spread team period.

At least I am not crazy, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
At least I am not crazy, thanks.
Well I didn't say that!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ

ya this seems to be a bug for sure. When i made a coach it made my scheme West Coast and Spread like everyone else's created coach. But if I went to my Schemes page it still showed the Lions as Vertical Offense / Base 4-3. Now in my 3rd season even that has changed to West Coast / Spread, might have did that in season 2 but i wasn't paying close attention not sure. Either way I have been trying my best to keep base 4-3 players and Vertical Offense players but if I dare let the CPU auto draft even one player it will pick the wrong types.

This is a very annoying and frustrating bug , this is an Online CCM too so they have not first it even online so not sure how long it would take offline to get it. I'm really considering just playing a player position for a couple months until all these bugs are fixed and then start over again with a coach. By then I'm not sure I will have the will power to start ever as I have been grinding full practices and so on for 2.5 seasons to get the best xp upgrades.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

yea it's pretty messed up. I started a ccm with the colts to only find out that Luck was a bad fit with that offense since his scheme is balanced and my coach scheme is locked on power run. Not only that but every player on the my offense is under the balanced scheme when my offense is a power run scheme. Payer editing would fix this, as far as I know if your players are a bad fit to your scheme they don't progress or earn xp as well as they could if they are a matching fit.

I'm limited to play with only a few select teams with matching schemes with player schemes like the cardinals, they run a power run and all of their offensive players are mostly power run players.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone tried it with an already active coach I think you can change the scheme with a coach already in the NFL instead of a created one please let me know if someone has tried this or not

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dukes
Has anyone tried it with an already active coach I think you can change the scheme with a coach already in the NFL instead of a created one please let me know if someone has tried this or not

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
nope, can't change a coaches scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »