Home

Are Qbs made of stone?

This is a discussion on Are Qbs made of stone? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
My stud MLB I drafted obliterated Jay Cutler on an attempted scramble I mean laid the wood! Hit stick textbook hit, and with a 255 lb frame and a 95 hit power caused a fumble and everything and my guy broke his collar bone...wtf? Jay Cutler? He's like Pillsbury dough soft and he gets to walk away while my linebacker is out for 8weeks? I understand people get hurt even if they are the ones doing the hitting but at least let it be hitting someone with some power like marshawn Lynch or Trent Richardson. Not cry baby Jay Cutler. :banghead:
Old 09-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Are Qbs made of stone?

I had Brandon Weeden get injured after a late hit got his knees. Torn ACL, out for the year.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've played 14 games so far and never seen a QB hurt, nor anyone hurt sacking the QB.

What I have seen is a rash of broken collar bones. I have 3 players out 4+ weeks with that injury, 2 corners and a MLB. It's strange because I rarely see that injury in real games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
Rookie

I actually hit Brady with Quentin Groves and broke his neck... career ending injury. Since it's a game, I was excited about it. IRL I would feel bad.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
yea qbs never get hurt and always bounce right up while u lose your defensive players.
Yup 6 seasons in , played every game at QB not one injury .
Old 09-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #14
The Duke

uQuickSix's Arena

I had 7 or 8 sacks on Vick, two of which saw D'Qwell break his jaw and Luis Castillo break a collarbone. I did actually knock Vick out for two quarters due to a strained abdomen..I think.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Yes OP this is the norm for Madden, people have been talking about this for years. Like someone posted, part of the problem is they don't really account for players getting hurt on routine things like getting their legs rolled up or maybe just pulling something by over exertion.

Hopefully an improved version of the injury system from HC09 can be implemented next year, including the body part wear n tear, so injuries can actually make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

If you mean player CCM, you're player doesn't ever get injured if i'm not mistaken. I'm a tiny speed back, and have been absolutely wrecked on hits by lewis/willis/etc. never been injured yet some of my bigger wideouts have been hurt on lesser hits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »