Home

Why can't I re-sign players?

This is a discussion on Why can't I re-sign players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Why can't I re-sign players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
I don't understand that to be honest.

I have signed Luis Castillo on a 1 year deal, he's like a 87 overall in my scheme. I could understand that Castillo wouldn't want to re-sign when i offer him a meager contract offer during the season, or that in some cases he doesn't want to re-sign at all (like when my team finishes 2-14 and/or i run a scheme that doesn't fit him) no matter what the offer is.

But what i don't understand is why i cannot even make an offer to sign him long term. He's 29, if i want to offer him a 4 year $28 million with $16 million guaranteed i should be able to imo, and tbh based on Castillo being a FA during pre-season, willing to sign a 1 year $3.5 million deal suggest he should be interested to at least discuss such a deal as well. This isn't a guy who is on the last year of a megadeal, this is a guy who is just happy to just have signed a 1 year deal, and most of these guys should be very interested to get some stability and certainty and don't want to re-enter the fa market at all.

So yeah, i don't understand why i cannot offer during the season to apparently anybody who is on a 1 year deal (not the last year of a contract, but just a 1 year deal).
I meant I understand because that's how it works in the game. I agree with you.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I meant I understand because that's how it works in the game. I agree with you.
Ah ok, i misunderstood you
Old 09-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
Pro

thoughts..

is it set to CPU instead of USER in the settings for resigning? Perhaps the CPU did it already?

at season end you get prompted before FA to resign guys, so you should be okay at some point.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
thoughts..

is it set to CPU instead of USER in the settings for resigning? Perhaps the CPU did it already?

at season end you get prompted before FA to resign guys, so you should be okay at some point.
In my case the cpu did not do it since the contracts are still shown as a 1 year deal, while the guys i did re-sign are shown with the new contract.

I'm expecting to end the season and then get the re-signing screen as in the previous maddens and there i can try to re-sign the guys who are out of a contract. Then i'm not really bothered by it, apart from seeing my guys overall increase during the season due to XP and thereby also probably increasing his contract demands.

And obviously i don't like it that i cannot offer to a guy who still has like 2 years left on his contract. I'd like to re-sign Veldheer long term (2 years left i think) before he improves to like a 95 overall (now 91 overall). Should also be interesting for Veldheer since he would improve his salary substantially (his contract is a 2nd round pick value contract now) and he would get a lot guaranteed, so no risk of losing out on a big time contract because of injury. In real life imo Veldheer would at least consider a long term '91'-overall value money versus waiting another 2 years. Not saying he would accept, just saying that i should have the opportunity to offer.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
thoughts..

I have it set to User for re-sign players. I don't think it matters, but I have progress set to end of season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Are you still in Week 1? How many weeks have you played?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Are you still in Week 1? How many weeks have you played?
I am in week 4 of the regular season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »