Home

Stoppng the Toss

This is a discussion on Stoppng the Toss within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Stoppng the Toss

Does anyone know how to stop the toss?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Stoppng the Toss

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Spread your dline and LBS every run down. Let them run between the tackles, as it's complete ineffective this year. Sooner or later he will run into his own player, forcing him into a passing situation.

Also do it out of dime or some other big formation. 4-3/3-4 don't stop the run for crap, unless you have a really good team, like the 9ers or ravens.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Safety/db blitzing is how i do it. if i suspect a toss to a certain side, i'll press one db on that side and have the safety pull his coverage to help the db, and send the db straight into the backfield for a 2-4 yard loss. It takes some practice but after awhile you'll be able to recognize a toss formation and stop it.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Toss plays are usually run to the strong side (the side where the TE is lined up). If you anticipate a toss play try to shift your LBs to that side. You can also tell your DBs to play press coverage, which allows them to play closer to the LOS.
On the downside of this pre-snap audibles, if you anticipated wrong it makes you very vulnerable (eg. on the weak side).
Old 09-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Can't believe I am actually giving effing Madden tips, makes me throw up in my mouth a lil but whatever player you User, be sure to hit the Right Trigger as soon as the ball is snapped because this will cancel out the play art for that player. Meaning in M13, even the player you are Usering will initially attempt to follow the play art which can cost you precious time in reacting to an outside run. Another thing, it's weird but it honestly seems like the AI defenders perform better when a User controlled player is around them.

Also, I know I have the tendency to watch my AI teammates attempt to make a play that clearly seems they should BUT that is seldom the case. So after using the RT to get your User player into the play, don't hesitate to switch to another defender that seems to be closing in on the ball carrier and utilize the sprint to make the play yourself. I actually feel it is complete nonsense that the game allows AI players that should already be hustling/running at top speed to receiver an arcadey turbo boost when taking User control but whatever, it's there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #6
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

We must be playing different Maddens, I can't get the toss to work, nor does it work against me. I always bunch the middle and force the run outside because I can usually stop it better that way
Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Schematically, run a Cover 2. The corners have the flats and outside contain to give you an extra defender on the edge.

As a user controlling players, use a linebacker and read your keys (Guards). If it's a toss play the guard(s) will pull.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Dakota822's Arena

OVR: 0

Take the MLB and take away the outside. Make him cut up before he wants to.

Will disrupt that play 99.9% of the time.

Catch me streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/dakota_o/profile

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »