Home

Now that EA has the core gameplay down pretty well

This is a discussion on Now that EA has the core gameplay down pretty well within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Now that EA has the core gameplay down pretty well

Do you think they will start concentrating on special teams next year?

It would be nice to block punts and fg's once in a while. Also the CPU has always been horrible at punting. Your guys don't run down the punt well and the only way to consistently pin them inside the 10 is to just angle the ball out of bounds. In real life you get a few guys to chase down the kick and stop it before it gets to the end zone. In the game your guys are all blocked too easily and you only get 1-2 guys down field in time if you're lucky.

It would also be nice to run back kicks and punts. That's mostly impossible because you need to change the blocking sliders to make the game more competitive which makes long run backs very rare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Now that EA has the core gameplay down pretty well

Special teams seems to be a fair a bit improved this year from what I've experienced so far. I get returns on both sides of the ball, but other things like blocks and fakes are still pretty uncommon and would be welcomed.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Special teams seems to be a fair a bit improved this year from what I've experienced so far. I get returns on both sides of the ball, but other things like blocks and fakes are still pretty uncommon and would be welcomed.
In my online ccm, there are a handful of blocked punts in simmed games.

I had to dumb down most sliders to make a more competitive game.

But with my sliders made to dumb down both human and cpu, there are barely any punt returns past 15 yards and kick returns past 30
Old 09-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

The game play is much better but it still has a long way to go. The infinity engine needs to be applied to blocking and foot planting as the two major items. This of course will greatly improve special teams by themselves but another thing that would help immensely is if they increased hang time on kicks. When u watch a game on tv you'll notice that the punt coverage converges around the returner. This is why u see a lot more punts let go. When was the last time you saw a punt let go in madden unless it was inside the 10?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
Banned

tfer717's Arena

EA has core gameplay 'down' pretty well?...... I'm sorry I laughed when I first saw this thread title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Gameplay is nowhere near down. The still have legacy issues in the game, blocking, still a whole bunch of canned animations via tackling, blocking, and catching. No footplanting/cutting, running animations are unrealistic, the game play is still predictable, the computer provides no challenge without cheesing.

If you think Madden 13s gameplay is down, then you have been brainwashed by the exclusive license, they tricked you and many others into thinking that their football game is the best their can be, but that simply not true.

Im not even a 2K football fan never really liked or bought any of their games. But after playing You Know What 2K8 for the past few weeks, its easy to see that they were years ahead of Madden when it comes to CORE game-play and presentation; I feel confident in saying that they would have put Madden out of business just like NBA Live if EA didn't have the exclusive license for the NFL.

I am not buying this game again until they implement the IE in every aspect of the game, blocking, running, catching etc. If I have to wait til next gen then that's fine with me, if it never happens then I am OK with that too. But to say the the core game-play is down is just preposterous!

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 09-17-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
Banned

tfer717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Gameplay is nowhere near down. The still have legacy issues in the game, blocking, still a whole bunch of canned animations via tackling, blocking, and catching. No footplanting/cutting, running animations are unrealistic, the game play is still predictable, the computer provides no challenge without cheesing.

If you think Madden 13s gameplay is down, then you have been brainwashed by the exclusive license, they tricked you and many others into thinking that their football game is the best their can be, but that simply not true.

Im not even a 2K football fan never really liked or bought any of their games. But after playing You Know What 2K8 for the past few weeks, its easy to see that they were years ahead of Madden when it comes to game-play and presentation; I feel confident in saying that they would have put Madden out of business just like NBA Live if EA didn't have the exclusive license for the NFL.

I am not buying this game again until they implement the IE in every aspect of the game, blocking, running, catching etc. If I have to wait til next gen then that's fine with me, if it never happens then I am OK with that too. But to say the the core game-play is down is just preposterous!
Well said. I really don't feel the IE affects the game even that much at this point. I'm am still seeing so many tackles triggered by animations that it drives me nuts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »