Home

From jumping LBs to jumping DTs?

This is a discussion on From jumping LBs to jumping DTs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: From jumping LBs to jumping DTs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
DTs bat down 1-2 passes in every nfl game. Granted the jump is a lil too high but I'd rather have it in the game with a bad animation then not at all. U guys get too hung up on visuals and not the end result sometimes.
I wouldn't mind if my DBs with jump rating of 96 did that instead of laying low so the pass is completed.

I don't recall seeing my LBs jump like that. If defending passes worked both ways I wouldn't complain.

And let's not forget his jump rating is all of 45.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

So ur saying okoye could never bat down ball because his jump rating in madden is 45? Give me a break.

To the guy above u, of course I'd rather the animation be better but it's not so we should just dismiss this aspect of the game until they come up with a better animation?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
So ur saying okoye could never bat down ball because his jump rating in madden is 45? Give me a break.

To the guy above u, of course I'd rather the animation be better but it's not so we should just dismiss this aspect of the game until they come up with a better animation?
What I'm saying is more than just one thing. Okoye should not jump that high. I have not seen my DT with a higher jump rating than Okoye defend a pass like that. Why do you suppose that is? Why don't my CBs with jump rating over 95 jump like that to defend a pass? It is much more observed they lay low and let the pass complete, not to mention the times they "let" the WR go pass.

Okoye can defend a pass, but he, in real life, is not jumping that high. Again, what about my Defensive linemen defending passes like that? In addition, what are ratings for if jump rating of 45 is meaningless?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
What I'm saying is more than just one thing. Okoye should not jump that high. I have not seen my DT with a higher jump rating than Okoye defend a pass like that. Why do you suppose that is? Why don't my CBs with jump rating over 95 jump like that to defend a pass? It is much more observed they lay low and let the pass complete, not to mention the times they "let" the WR go pass.

Okoye can defend a pass, but he, in real life, is not jumping that high. Again, what about my Defensive linemen defending passes like that? In addition, what are ratings for if jump rating of 45 is meaningless?
My point is that it does happen. It may not look like that but it does happen. Ur linemen should be able to as well but that's a whole nother issue. As I said, too hung up on visuals.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

I suggest we as gamers stop letting EA Tiburon off the hook for intentional design decisions like this. It's common sense that a DT engaged at the LOS with a 45 jump rating should not be jumping like that to bat down a pass, so that animation has no business triggering in that scenario for that player.

That should be unacceptable because it's not such a major "fix", imo. It's these kind of things in Madden, that clearly show how screwed up the foundation for creating the game seems to be. So many things in Madden give me the impression of people that just want to get the job done, with little regard for the integrity of the process. I think that's why Madden game play "is what it is".
Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I suggest we as gamers stop letting EA Tiburon off the hook for intentional design decisions like this. It's common sense that a DT engaged at the LOS with a 45 jump rating should not be jumping like that to bat down a pass, so that animation has no business triggering in that scenario for that player.

That should be unacceptable because it's not such a major "fix", imo. It's these kind of things in Madden, that clearly show how screwed up the foundation for creating the game seems to be. So many things in Madden give me the impression of people that just want to get the job done, with little regard for the integrity of the process. I think that's why Madden game play "is what it is".
This is a perfect example of one of those "little" things that the other game does so well that the Tiburon developers seem to think don't matter. I don't have an issue with a lineman attempting to bat down a pass. I DO have an issue with EVERY single lineman batting down passes the exact same way. Once again, personnel means nothing. Not to mention, the player movement stinks as usual. He is in the middle of being blocked, yet there is no struggle to show that he's fighting off the block to attempt to bat down the pass. He looks like he is signaling TD more than he's attempting to bat down a pass. However, in Madden, the decision was made as soon as the ball was thrown that he was batting it down, so the animation dictates the outcome. This here is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with Madden and is representative of how the developers at Tiburon make this crappy game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »