Home

The big question... Burress or TO?

This is a discussion on The big question... Burress or TO? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
The big question... Burress or TO?

hey,

just came out of my first pre season match with the colts, beating the rams 28-21. Looking to sign another WR, but not sure which one.. Im currently running two 'possession' schemes, but willing to change one if needed.. my current WR's are

R.Wayne, D. Avery, A.Collie, L.Brazil, T.Hilton, K.Moore, J.Jones (of the packers)

So, should i go for Owens, burress, neither, or both? thanks in advance for any replies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The big question... Burress or TO?

TO and Ochocinco...

Batman and Robin...??
Old 09-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Banned

Unfortunately the latter has already signed for someone and is no longer on the fa list
Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

as far as I remember, the offense of the colts on madden is listed as power run. Burress wouldn't fit in as well since TO is a power run WR himself. I'd go with TO, He's a better fit for that offense. Burress is better suited for a west coast offense like the browns, or dolphins.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had great success with Burress, but not on the outside. He doesn't have enough speed, in my division, to get free from defenders.

In the slot, though, he can be a menace. He catches well and holds onto the ball. His speed has always been my only issue with him, but he's really underrated in Madden IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
Banned

I think the way you have just described burress is what im looking for because wayne and jones will be my main long men, giving me a chance to develop brazil etc as the seconds. How would i go about putting him in that position? Would it be wr2 on the depth chart? Im still trying to get used to it.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I traded to get Hilton in my offline CCM, what a disaster. He was my 6th WR but he dropped every damn pass he got in garbage time.

I got him to be my KR/PR but he stunk at that too. Thankfully we was injured in week 12 for the year and I just released him in the offseason.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0

In my online CC I signed Plax to the Panthers he is a beast! He has high rating in CIT, SPC, JMP. Those are major factors i n this years Madden. Speed isn't every thing. And he block good on run plays.

Last edited by Alter Eg0; 09-18-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Forgot something

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »