Home

This is probably the most important M13 video and I think it deserves its own thread.

This is a discussion on This is probably the most important M13 video and I think it deserves its own thread. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: This is probably the most important M13 video and I think it deserves its own thr

Hopefully EA is paying attention to these vids these guys are doing. If you havent yet, check out Ryanmoody21 youtube channel. He breaks down madden video's very well and is highly respected.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTvBbHuUgs&feature=plcp

Last edited by Mr_truthman.com; 09-18-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: This is probably the most important M13 video and I think it deserves its own thr

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Mods or the game changers or the DEVS would post something explaining ALL the ratings so all this non-sense can be put to rest ?

Lets stop speculating and get some facts from the people who are suppose to know instead of arguing with each other over stuff we don't really know about.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 2

http://youtu.be/fFJVJNa4LGk

My second video. Again very rough, but shows the guy get beat pretty much immediately.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat

My second video. Again very rough, but shows the guy get beat pretty much immediately.
I applaud you for testing this yourself but that still doesn't play out right, imo. Forget the blockers size for a moment because we all know Madden doesn't recognize that "trivial" stuff and just focus on the fact the player has fives for block ratings. The game just doesn't have the animation variation to account for football which is a real shame considering it's a football game. A blocker with those ratings should not be "bouncing" back the defender at all, that defender progress towards the QB should not be effected much if any by that blocker.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
Pro

Out of the three plays I have on video, only 1 did he even impede him in any way. The other ones he practically was not even in the way. The one that was like that, it was only the DL move animation that made it appear like he was bumped back.

Is there a better way to animate this? Sure, it should just show the lineman run through this guy. Yes, it should be improved, but the ratings are working. There is a difference between a 60 pass block and a 99 pass block. There is a huge difference when you put in someone like was put in in the video on the OP.

My only point is to say the "sky isn't falling"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:

He gets beat, but the little guy should get ran over. Not be pushing the D-lineman backwards. Versuz had his guy with normal OL speed. Which was why his guy was able to keep the block. Whats the speed rating for your player?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
He gets beat, but the little guy should get ran over. Not be pushing the D-lineman backwards. Versuz had his guy with normal OL speed. Which was why his guy was able to keep the block. Whats the speed rating for your player?
All you need to look at..is the Ovr rating for the players. He did not change anything but the footwork/strength block attributes and the strength attribute. He left speed at 65, as did I. The overall for my guy was 12, his was 30. The difference? the generic pass block/run block attributes. It is notable that I didn't say it was working correctly, only saying that the imposition of the idea that ratings do not matter is not correct. He should get run over, for some reason that animation doesn't exist. Likely because no one in their RIGHT MIND would put a guy with 5 pass/run block on their O-line. Strength is not taken into account enough imo. They should fix as soon as possible the footwork/strength attributes as that will improve the game. Looman said that even when it was in the game and they were saying it was working, they later found that it was not working. I'm glad he was up front about the fact tho I understand those that missed the announcement could be upset about it.

Saying that ratings should be improved and have flaws are one thing. Saying the ratings don't matter is another thing entirely. Know what I mean?

Last edited by steamboat; 09-18-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Out of the three plays I have on video, only 1 did he even impede him in any way. The other ones he practically was not even in the way. The one that was like that, it was only the DL move animation that made it appear like he was bumped back.

Is there a better way to animate this? Sure, it should just show the lineman run through this guy. Yes, it should be improved, but the ratings are working. There is a difference between a 60 pass block and a 99 pass block. There is a huge difference when you put in someone like was put in in the video on the OP.

My only point is to say the "sky isn't falling"
The sky isn't falling, as you put it but it's clearly being held up by duct tape and thread, lol. It's like we are watching two different videos or something because even in the second? blocking clip, even though the defender immediately gets around that blocker, the blocker is still able to slide out there on the edge in time to even touch him despite his low ratings. That's just bad programming, animations or whatever, it shouldn't be happening with ratings that low. Go look again at your own video and see how this inept, according to the ratings, blocker, is still able to get into proper position on the edge to make contact with the defender.

You want to keep framing the discussion as if improving this would be better but what's in the game now is good enough. I guess good enough is opinionated but I don't think so in the context of making a solid NFL simulation video game, which Madden is allegedly trying to do. There are videos of other football games, including past Maddens, doing a better job of representing ratings, so by comparison, this is broken.

That said, some people don't mind broken or subpar and that's cool but just because they are satisfied with it, doesn't change the fact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »