Home

Why editing needs to be added back in

This is a discussion on Why editing needs to be added back in within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #41
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Why editing needs to be added back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerikokai
its really simple.... the question has and always will be...

what was the point of taking OUT the essentials in a madden game????????

editing accessories - out
editing numbers - out
editing players attributes - out
editing position changes - out
bringing in ncaa 13 draft classes - out

etc, etc, etc...

*i understand they installed a new engine. but you mean to tell me they couldnt cut and paste cpu logic where needed to keep this stuff in the game?

and dont tell us there wasnt enough memory or space on disks, etc. this game is only 5.4gb on the disk. there are plenty of games (la noire, grand theft auto, resident evil, etc) that have well over 10gb used on their disks.

excuses need to stop. and re-introducing old options and abilities as "new" needs to stop... NO ONE IS FOOLED ANYMORE!
Imagine how pissed you are going to be when player weapons and player editing is in M14....lol

Have they ever gave a reason?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #42
Banned

bear_down520's Arena

OVR: 0

I was pretty pissed off when I saw that most of the long time features that have been in dynasty mode forever had been taken out. I stayed skeptical but was willing to give it a shot once the roster update came out, even though I strictly play offline. So I downloaded the roster at a friends & started getting into a season last night, & the whole time I was thinking to myself "Wtf is this???".

I knew there would be no editing, no 32 team control, etc. But then I start my game I see that there's so many players that aren't even on the 2-deep that are on the field, even after editing the depth chart & turning off fatigue and injuries. For instance I came out in a quarters set & Dashon Goldson, who is a safety, lined up as a nickel back near the line of scrimmage, with a 3rd string safety who I've never even heard of (even as a die-hard Niners fan). So I go try to fix it, and there's no formation subs? I turned the game off right there.

If this is the road Madden is taking, I'm done with this game after playing it since the Super Nintendo days. Why take out all customazation, editing, etc, breaking something that should have never even considered being fixed? I really, really hope they patch it back in for this years game, or at the very least for 14. I really can't express how disappointed with this years game. Franchise mode was far & away the best thing in Madden, & it's been totally ruined. This game has turned into an RPG, and has totally alienated it's true hardcore fan base, & has catered to the more casual gamer.

Madden has always been about the game of football. Madden 13 has changed it into some kind of fictional story. Until it goes back to its core, it'll be unplayable for me.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
As soon as EA announces that they are releasing a patch to add editing in, I will go and purchase Madden 13. Until then, I am STILL playing my Madden 12. I loved the Madden 13 demo, but I refuse to play it until I can edit positions, numbers and equipment. I do not need or want ratings editing, just the basic things is all I need to be happy.
Liking this post wasn't good enough. I hope EA hears loud and clear that this is not a minority comment. I could have written the exact same quote. Please fix the editing issue!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down520
This game has turned into an RPG, and has totally alienated it's true hardcore fan base, & has catered to the more casual gamer.
What a ridiculous thing to say.

They just didn't add in every feature because it's a new engine, and CCM is new. Obviously we would all like formation subs, better depth chart, editing, etc. But it sounds to me like you're just not ordering your depth chart right.

And as if the casual gamer has any clue how best to use XP points... you think they know what each ability is? The RPG system is perfect for building up your players, getting that guy you drafted to concentrate on what you want out him, save up for a strength upgrade and awareness, for example.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #45
Banned

bear_down520's Arena

That's the whole point. This should be a FOOTBALL game, not a RPG. If I wanna play a RPG, I'll go pop in Zelda.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #46
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Do you not know how Quarters formation works? I play as the Pats and the Panthers and they do it exactly like they do in real life. Patrick Chung lines up near the LOS as a 5th DB and Tavon Wilson(2nd round safety) subs in for his deep spot. Allows you to cover deep while exchanging an LB for a safety. If you have that big of a problem, just hit R1 before you call the play and switch their positions. So many "problems" it seems like half of these people are TRYING to find something wrong with the game.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #47
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down520
That's the whole point. This should be a FOOTBALL game, not a RPG. If I wanna play a RPG, I'll go pop in Zelda.
u
Surely as the sole NFL licensed video game the prime responsibilty of the Madden team should be to provide an accurate authentic representation of the NFL for the year of release
Leaving gameplay issues aside there really is no excuse for failure to provide or enable the user to adjust if necessary accurate reprentations of teams rosters and the individuals themselves ( #s equipment etc)
To introduce a new career mode before it can even fulfill the basic function of representing accurately its first year to me is unacceptable
The additions In CC like xp , schemes and twitter are nice but to me do not add immersion if the basic authenticity is compromised by the numerous subtractions
To me this mode was rushed into the retail release before it was ready or judging by the numerous bugs even properly tested at the expense of a mode many many people were satisfied with .
I applaud the idea and maybe one day look forward to playing CC when its a finished product but that isn't now and it quite clearly shouldn't have been decided to replace 0ffline franchise in M13
Old 09-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
What a ridiculous thing to say.

They just didn't add in every feature because it's a new engine, and CCM is new. Obviously we would all like formation subs, better depth chart, editing, etc. But it sounds to me like you're just not ordering your depth chart right.

And as if the casual gamer has any clue how best to use XP points... you think they know what each ability is? The RPG system is perfect for building up your players, getting that guy you drafted to concentrate on what you want out him, save up for a strength upgrade and awareness, for example.
It's not ridiculous.

M13 is a good game, it really is.

But people who are upset about the inability to edit simple things about a player have a legitimate gripe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »