Home

Why editing needs to be added back in

This is a discussion on Why editing needs to be added back in within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Why editing needs to be added back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiejerseys
Importing the draft classes wasn't that big of a deal to me. For years I didn't really play ncaa and it wasn't until recently I started playing it & importing my dynasty draft classes in Madden. But to each is their own. I like this new system that have some of the players have a storyline behind them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
I never spent much time except for one year, going through the years in NCAA to get draft classes. But I always loved downloading them online, because it was fun to see names I knew from college and how they would develop in the game (even if it was bugged often and they never developed right)

Now they're just some random names that makes it impossible to learn who is who without going through each opposing depth chart each game.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsFan5545
I've been away for a while, any updates on the editing yet? Any responses would be much appreciated!

We can only hope EA are busy implementing this for the supposed patch the middle of next month.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #59
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
I hope I am wrong, but I dont think editing will be patched in. EA has no track record of patching in large missing features like this......and i dont count the fantasy draft addition. Rest assured that editing will be back next year as a "new" feature though, that much is guaranteed.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #60
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
You don't like his #? That takes away immersion? Really? OS takes the most minute things to new heights.

Editing needs to be in to switch positions. Like if I want to move a DE to the other side
what a silly silly post. You may as well have just posted "this bothers other people but not me, therefore it doesn't matter".
Old 09-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I hope I am wrong, but I dont think editing will be patched in. EA has no track record of patching in large missing features like this......and i dont count the fantasy draft addition. Rest assured that editing will be back next year as a "new" feature though, that much is guaranteed.
How can you not count fantasy draft? They had a large uproar from unhappy people and quickly patched a new feature into an existing game mode because of it. Someone posted a comment by an EA person saying they were at least looking into editing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #62
Banned

I said this on the first page and I'll say it again -

All EA/Tiburon had to do was add the gameplay in M13 to M12's franchise mode, eliminate the problems/glitches, etc., forget about adding in the XP system which doesnt belong in a football game and its pretty much a guarantee that the complaints would be minimal.

As for M13's sales, it doesnt mean a damn thing when there's no competition. You either pay $60 for the current football game or you play a previous version of Madden, 2K5 or nothing at all.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
You either pay $60 for the current football game or you play a previous version of Madden, 2K5 or nothing at all.
Read a book? Maybe? There are literally hundreds of years of fine literature out there for you to peruse, most of which is far more interesting and beneficial than the options you propose. And that's just one segment of the written word; factor in non-fiction and we're talking about a near endless stream of wonderment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »