Home

Why and what team do you play with in madden?

This is a discussion on Why and what team do you play with in madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #41
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Why and what team do you play with in madden?

I'm a die-hard Niners fan, but I can't play with them in franchise. Their team is too good and I like their roster too much, so using them would completely defeat the purpose of the mode. I like to start with a terrible team and build my own competitive roster through draft/FA/trades. Normally I'll pick one of the Ohio teams, or sometimes Tampa Bay. Depends on the year and how bad the team is, but it can't be a team that I hate.

On the older versions of Madden I would eventually finish my franchise as the 49ers, but that was normally 7-10 years into my franchise when the CPU management had completely screwed them up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 1
I'm thinking of starting a ccm with the Rams. They have 2 first rd picks the next two seasons. I'll probably trade both Bradford & S-Jax. Neither one of their play styles really fit the way I play. I have to change them to primarily a 3-4 defense. And since the Rams aren't that good I'm gonna put Finngegan(sp?) on the block & see what I can get for him, in terms of draft picks and maybe young talent.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

OVR: 0

I play with the Titans for CCM (and franchise over the past years).

Reason is they are my favorite team and my home town team. I always like to see what I can do with the current batch of talent and mold them into what I think they should do in real life.

Plus it helps when you go to their games and you know what name to yell at when players screw up on a play! People are impressed when you bust out the name of the 4th string DT.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #44
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

OVR: 3

I did not expect this topic to get to 5 pages. Titan I agree with what you said, every year I choose to play a sports game for whatever sport, I learn all the players from most teams. I have not watched 1 game this MLB season but thanks to the Show, I know a good amount about the new players etc this year.

If you lived in Houston, you wouldnt want to watch baseball either.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetballard
If you lived in Houston, you wouldnt want to watch baseball either.
Ha! I live in Ft. Worth and I hate the local teams here, well I don't mind the Mavs or Stars. But as kid I adopted the city of Houston as my hometown sports town, Astros, Oilers, Rockets, Texans, etc. But I'm a Tampa Bay area supporter. So one day, the Astros could end up like the Rays. I'm secretly rooting for the Oakland A's to win the AL West.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm currently working with the Titans, the reason I like building young teams up. The Titans are my second favorite team behind the Vikings.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
I always do one with the niners because they are my favorite team and then over with the dolphins since aslong as I can remember I watch every dolphin game with my dad since that's his favorite team.
This is the first year I don't have to rebuild both teams.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #48
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
EA loves you guys apparently. In 3 of the CCM's I've played since release, the Bills win the SB the first year of 2 of them
They didn't love them when we played last night in Cleveland... 9 sacks total, Jabaal destructified two QB's (Fitz and Tavaris), causing a fumble and recovering another in a 45-12 rout.

On All-Madden. With Cleveland.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »