Home

Does anyone know if EA employs former NFL players to the dev team?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know if EA employs former NFL players to the dev team? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Does anyone know if EA employs former NFL players to the dev team?

I was just curious. I see alot of former NFL stars on ESPN, or NFL network, etc. Some of these guys must have studied programming, graphic design, IT networking, something to that nature in college. It would be helpful if they had some real insight on NFL style football from guys who lived it. I would hope they do already, but IDK.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Does anyone know if EA employs former NFL players to the dev team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
I was just curious. I see alot of former NFL stars on ESPN, or NFL network, etc. Some of these guys must have studied programming, graphic design, IT networking, something to that nature in college. It would be helpful if they had some real insight on NFL style football from guys who lived it. I would hope they do already, but IDK.
Clint Oldenburg and Larry Richart are former NFL and college players who both work in the gameplay department, this was their first year working on Madden. Oldenburg played offensive lineman for the Redskins, Richart was a QB at Florida.

Next year they are supposed to be working with a former Raiders offensive line coach to improve the game in the trenches.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

There was a 30 min special on ESPN a month or so ago with a behind the scenes at the dev in Florida. Yes apparently a few used to be players. Obviously it would be better if they were programmers but M13 is sure getting there, the gameplay is miles ahead of last year. Minus all the bugs and missing features of course.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The Director of both Football Operations, Cam Webber, is a former college QB and played in the CFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »