Home

Pass block glitch is determined by the handedness of the QB

This is a discussion on Pass block glitch is determined by the handedness of the QB within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1
Pass block glitch is determined by the handedness of the QB

I was fooling around with some pass block sliders with the Eagles and Redskins in practice mode when I noticed that Orakpo was getting a lot of sacks on Vick. When I would run the identical plays for offense and defense over again, I noticed Orakpo was doing the same push off & around glitch to Jason Peters that the LE usually does to the RT. But Kerrigan on the left side was doing the same hand fighting and jostling that the RE usually gets stuck doing to the LT.

I wondered what was different about this situation to flip the seemingly LE/RT only pass block glitch. Then I realized Vick was left handed. So I subbed in Nick Foles (who is right handed) for Vick and ran the same exact plays. Now Kerrigan was doing the push off & around move and Orakpo was doing the hand fighting and jostling.

Whatever glitch is causing DE/OLBs to simply push off tackles and run around them for sacks is apparently going to happen on the side the QB is facing, which for most QBs will be their right and is why the LEs are getting all the sacks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Pass block glitch is determined by the handedness of the QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilesThing
I was fooling around with some pass block sliders with the Eagles and Redskins in practice mode when I noticed that Orakpo was getting a lot of sacks on Vick. When I would run the identical plays for offense and defense over again, I noticed Orakpo was doing the same push off & around glitch to Jason Peters that the LE usually does to the RT. But Kerrigan on the left side was doing the same hand fighting and jostling that the RE usually gets stuck doing to the LT.

I wondered what was different about this situation to flip the seemingly LE/RT only pass block glitch. Then I realized Vick was left handed. So I subbed in Nick Foles (who is right handed) for Vick and ran the same exact plays. Now Kerrigan was doing the push off & around move and Orakpo was doing the hand fighting and jostling.

Whatever glitch is causing DE/OLBs to simply push off tackles and run around them for sacks is apparently going to happen on the side the QB is facing, which for most QBs will be their right and is why the LEs are getting all the sacks
What makes you think it's a glitch? Meaning, it is likely an intentional programming decision because I would think that if it was a glitch, they would have fixed it by now. Yet the no pressure from the LT/RE has been happening for years.

That said, hopefully what you discovered can help them do something different in a patch, so keep reporting what you find.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

The type of pressure was different in years past. Before, LEs would get more pressure than REs partially b/c RTs were worse at pass blocking and partially b/c cpu QBs would always drift to their right.

Now, the LEs get more pressure b/c they break off the block almost instantly regardless of how good the tackle is that's blocking them and, from what I've found here, b/c this push off glitch only happens on the side the QB is facing.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I feel what youve found is Tiburon, like Big said, intentionally putting this into the game.

But apparently they messed it up. They clearly tried to make it where the backside artificially gets more pressure on the qb but somewhere along the line they messed up and switched what exactly the qb's backside was suppose to be.

All I think this does is further magnify the theory that ratings dont matter. This was clearly put in as a sort of predetermined outcome that the qb's backside should get more pressure instead of having RATINGS determine where the pressure comes from....TWO THUMBS DOWN TIBURON :
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

I tried this with the same teams,on "pro" no sliders touched,and was not seeing a lot.I switched to playing against a 4-3 team (the bears) and it got interesting.The RE was glitching with vick.I put in trent edwards and now the 2 ends mirror each other with spins and hand slaps,and can't get near me.But,now the interior linemen are kicking the crap out of me.Don't know what to think here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST246
I tried this with the same teams,on "pro" no sliders touched,and was not seeing a lot.I switched to playing against a 4-3 team (the bears) and it got interesting.The RE was glitching with vick.I put in trent edwards and now the 2 ends mirror each other with spins and hand slaps,and can't get near me.But,now the interior linemen are kicking the crap out of me.Don't know what to think here.
It doesn't do it for every play. One guy has theorized that it's triggered on 5 step drop backs. I'm not sure about that. I think it might have to do with what defensive play is called. When I run Gun/Doubles/Philly Drive Sail in the Eagles' playbook with Nickel 2 Man Under as the defense called, the glitch isn't triggered. When I run the same offensive play with Nickel Cover 3 called, the glitch is triggered every time.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Banned

Well that explains the ridiculous number of sacks a LE has compared to a RE, since most QB's are right handed. Good find! I am sure sliders can find a way around it... or a patch... or worse case scenario they fix it next year!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
It doesn't do it for every play. One guy has theorized that it's triggered on 5 step drop backs. I'm not sure about that. I think it might have to do with what defensive play is called. When I run Gun/Doubles/Philly Drive Sail in the Eagles' playbook with Nickel 2 Man Under as the defense called, the glitch isn't triggered. When I run the same offensive play with Nickel Cover 3 called, the glitch is triggered every time.
I was using 2 man under 4-3,a deep pass,don't remember which now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »