Home

Placing players on IR

This is a discussion on Placing players on IR within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

Gronkanador's Arena

OVR: 0
Placing players on IR

I noticed today that when using the regular season roster, pre existing injuries are not accounted for so for example there are a bunch of patriots player on IR that i would like to use next season in my CCM so i would rather not cut them. Is there a way to place players on IR if they are not hurt as to keep it realistic for future seasons in CCM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Rookie

cletusdog's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Placing players on IR

they really dropped the ball on these rosters (shocking!). Instead of having accurate IR list, you have to cut all of the guys from the team. I have not found, nor expect to find a workaround.

...and a Baba Booey to y'all
Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Rookie

dustinw82's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkanador
I noticed today that when using the regular season roster, pre existing injuries are not accounted for so for example there are a bunch of patriots player on IR that i would like to use next season in my CCM so i would rather not cut them. Is there a way to place players on IR if they are not hurt as to keep it realistic for future seasons in CCM?
Nope. They did a terrible job with the "Week 1" rosters. I play with the Chiefs and there are 3-4 players that should be on IR and they didn't bother "injuring" them so I could place them. They even added Martin Rucker to the roster and still didn't place him on IR. I wish I could do my job terribly and still get overpaid for it.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Rookie

dustinw82's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusdog
they really dropped the ball on these rosters (shocking!). Instead of having accurate IR list, you have to cut all of the guys from the team. I have not found, nor expect to find a workaround.
The workaround is probably wait about a month for the "Week 2" rosters.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

If we had complete editing of rosters, including injuries, you would have been good to go. Another reason why roster editing would be useful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

IR doesn't seem to work this year. Before, it'd free up a roster spot but you still kept them next season. This year, it just removes them from the depth chart but you don't have the roster spot to replace them. So what's the point?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Didn't one of the Game Changers say we should "thank him" cause he pointed that out and got it "fixed" (guess only thing he did), well, guess he was wrong or EA really doesn't listen to them at all.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
IR doesn't seem to work this year. Before, it'd free up a roster spot but you still kept them next season. This year, it just removes them from the depth chart but you don't have the roster spot to replace them. So what's the point?
Online or offline? Online CCM it works fine for me, I put someone on IR and I can sign someone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »