Home

The Dallas Cowboys: moving Tony Romo and starting anew

This is a discussion on The Dallas Cowboys: moving Tony Romo and starting anew within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Dallas Cowboys: moving Tony Romo and starting anew

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDaniel
Romo is a good QB, that is unarguable. However, he is simply not a winner.
So when the team performs bad, it's all his fault?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #18
Rookie

Dakota822's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek62959
No, no they don't. The Cowboys do not need to move on from the guy who has the second highest career passer rating in the history of the NFL. Now, he's definitely not the second best quarterback to ever play, but he's certainly one of the top qbs in the league.

Regarding his late-game performance, there are a few plays that everyone remembers being "unclutch" and the media likes to hype it up. The reality is that Romo has the highest career fourth-quarter passer rating among active quarterbacks, and the only reason the Cowboys had a chance in many of those games he was labelled "unclutch" is because he was on the field.

Tony makes mistakes, but so do other quarterbacks. The difference is that other quarterbacks have teams that allow them room for mistakes, whereas the Cowboys can barely win games even when Tony is playing great.
Might be one of the smartest posts Iv'e ever read on a forum.

Catch me streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/dakota_o/profile
Old 09-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #19
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek62959
No, no they don't. The Cowboys do not need to move on from the guy who has the second highest career passer rating in the history of the NFL. Now, he's definitely not the second best quarterback to ever play, but he's certainly one of the top qbs in the league.

Regarding his late-game performance, there are a few plays that everyone remembers being "unclutch" and the media likes to hype it up. The reality is that Romo has the highest career fourth-quarter passer rating among active quarterbacks, and the only reason the Cowboys had a chance in many of those games he was labelled "unclutch" is because he was on the field.

Tony makes mistakes, but so do other quarterbacks. The difference is that other quarterbacks have teams that allow them room for mistakes, whereas the Cowboys can barely win games even when Tony is playing great.
What everybody remembers is Romo’s 12-18 record from December on, one playoff win and only four touchdowns in four playoff games, is why he is labeled opposite of clutch.
WIZ
Old 09-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

He retired after year 2 for me. I had just extended him too.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #21
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
What everybody remembers is Romo’s 12-18 record from December on, one playoff win and only four touchdowns in four playoff games, is why he is labeled opposite of clutch.

Thats funny I thought the Cowboys had a roster of over 50 players. I'd say one player going out and winning even one game while playing every offensive and defensive position is pretty impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #22
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

In December and onwards, the whole team deteriorates. The run game tends to become nonexistent which forces Romo to pass. Great quarterbacks can win that way, but my argument has always been that Romo is pretty good, but not great. Being forced to pass is out of his comfort level.

It really makes me appreciate Tom Brady more when I think about it. Dude had no running game, no deep threat, and no defense, but he still leads the team to the effing super bowl and is one play away from winning. Thats greatness right there.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
In December and onwards, the whole team deteriorates. The run game tends to become nonexistent which forces Romo to pass. Great quarterbacks can win that way, but my argument has always been that Romo is pretty good, but not great. Being forced to pass is out of his comfort level.

It really makes me appreciate Tom Brady more when I think about it. Dude had no running game, no deep threat, and no defense, but he still leads the team to the effing super bowl and is one play away from winning. Thats greatness right there.
But he didn't win. In fact, he hasn't won a Super Bowl without a a great defense. But still, I'm not that kinda guy that judges QBs on their rings. I judge them on their play.

As far as I know, to win the Super Bowl you must have a great team. It's not only the QB who wins. Look at Trent Dilfer. Nobody can seriously say to me that he was the guy that lead the Ravens to their Super Bowl. Nobody.

A defense can allow 450 yards per game and still be a great defense. A defense can create a lot of turnovers, give their offense a short field which will mean that they will lead big in a lot of games which causes the other team to pass a lot more, which then leads to more yards allowed by the defense.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #24
Rookie

WeBB15's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
Thats funny I thought the Cowboys had a roster of over 50 players. I'd say one player going out and winning even one game while playing every offensive and defensive position is pretty impressive.
The guy has thrown 4 tds in 4 games... That's all you need to know.

Don't argue to me that he's great in the regular season, we all know that.

Ah, It must've been the playcalling right, the o lines injured, wrs not good enough? But wait, they got to the playoffs right? Maybe his defense is terrible, no, then that allows for more garbage time stats. Hmm...

The guy can't produce at the level of elite qbs when it comes to playoff games, no matter the circumstances, and always manages to make one too many mistakes, that's why he is labeled unclutch. That's fact!

Sorry, you are offended, but its the truth... He sucks in the playoffs, sure his team does too, and guess what?... hes the leader of the team.
WIZ

Last edited by WeBB15; 09-20-2012 at 09:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »