Home

The Dallas Cowboys: moving Tony Romo and starting anew

This is a discussion on The Dallas Cowboys: moving Tony Romo and starting anew within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Dallas Cowboys: moving Tony Romo and starting anew

The worst situation for an NFL QB is to be very good but not have a ring. You will get ridiculed and called unclutch until you win one. You will get an unfair amount of praise when you win and blame when you lose.

However, this is not new and good QBs (good not even great) get paid a ton of cash. If Romo or anyone doesn't like it then retire and go into farming. Nobody will write stories ridiculing you because the soybean crop didn't produce.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Mmm, not sure where that comes from. Jerry was opposed to benching Bledsoe midseason to begin the Romo era, while Jerry thought the team was packing it in for the season by promoting Romo.

And Parcells was willing to make tough roster choices in order to find room to stash Romo as the 4th QB on his regular season roster years earlier because he liked him too much to risk losing him by trying to sneak him onto the practice squad (compared to Jerry who has lost guys like Matt Moore because he couldn't even make a tough choice on keeping a 3rd QB, and got burned by rolling the dice and cutting guys the team knew had a future).
He said to Romo's face that "You will never be a starting QB in this league" I was shocked when I heard that.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseos
I'm tired of this ideology that certain players/coaches are not cluch and therefor not good. If it wasn't for Romo you wouldn't have even been in those big games that he "blew".

Dan Marino is still one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.
Marty Schottenheimer should still be coaching the Chargers, and is still one of the greatest coaches of all time.
Bob Stoops is one of the greatest College Coaches
Petyton Manning an 1st round hall of famer

All of these guys have faced incredibly tough situations where one play was what seperated them from media greatness/humility. When top talent is put against top talent chance is often the deciding factor. I'd take any of these guys any day in my franchise.
Are you saying that Romo has a comparison with those guys? Cause, while Dan Marino never won a super bowl, he has the most amount of 4th quarter comebacks in league history. If every game in the playoffs ended with him down by 3 with the ball with 2 minutes left he would have won multiple super bowls. Unfortunately too many ended with the other team with the ball giving them an easy win.

Big difference between marino and romo imo
Old 09-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

Fellas, the intent of the post wasn't to spark a debate! I do not care for Romo and want to go in another direction as the new Head Coach in my CCM.

I'd just like to know what kind of value/deals can be worked to make it happen.

So far, I went ahead and obtained Kellen Moore for a 4th rounder, and ended up swapping firsts with Cleveland for Travis Benjamin (a 76 OVR in my West Coast/Bill Walsh scheme) and dealing Romo.

The left-handed Moore (with a 92 short accuracy rating) seems to be a solid fit in the West Coast scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »