Home

possible problem in CC dealing w/ player importance

This is a discussion on possible problem in CC dealing w/ player importance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
possible problem in CC dealing w/ player importance

Let me cut to the chase and report some of the draft picks and signings done by cpu teams.

Year one the Panthers spend their first round pick (10th overall) on a MLB. They have Beason who is one of the top MLBs in the game. MLB is rated 5 star importance.

Buffalo Bills are stockpiling RBs. They have 4 rated above 80. They had Jackson and Spiller and used their first round (3rd overall) on a RB. Again, 5 star importance.

Bears have Forte and Bush at RB. Used their 2nd round pick on a HB

Dolphins have 3 corners rated higher than 80 ovr. Use their first round pick on a cornerback. 5 star importance.

Jaguars decide to spend their 1st round pick on a DT. Why? Well because they aren't satisfied with having 2 DTs rated higher than 80 (and a third at 77)

Jets have 6 strong safeties on their roster. Patriots have 9 DEs. You see oddities like this sometimes. But it is the first week of preseason.

Lions spent their first and second picks on TEs.

Packers like MLBs. They have Hawk (87), Bishop (87), they signed Sean Lee (87), and used their 1st round pick on a MLB (79)

Seahawks are one indecisive team. Acquire Flynn. Draft a QB 1st round in year one. Okay they're set. No, scratch that. Draft a QB 1st round in year two. Okay, now they are good.

I thought Pouncey was a good young center for the Steelers. They disagree. They used their first round pick on a center. In case you are wondering, they have yet to draft any help for the secondary.

I don't think draft logic is broken, but it does need some finetuning.As far as drafting goes, I think the importance should be reversed. What I mean is if a team that is weak in a certain area, that should have the higher importance. There is no reason for the Panthers to draft a backup MLB 10th overall when they have so many areas that need improvement. The way CC is set up is that if a team is weak in one area right now, due to CPU logic they will be weak in that area in the future as well (e.g. Jets don't seem to be too concerned with improving their WRs. They do however want to improve their secondary and lbs)
Has anyone else seen similar behavior or am I overreacting?

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 09-19-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: possible problem in CC dealing w/ player importance

I think they should implement a 'Draft Philosophy' for each team. It could be as simple as this:

Drafts for Talent: These teams tend to take the best talent available on the board (Based on Overall rating/Position Importance)

Drafts for Need: These teams tend to draft players based on immediate need (Based on their own teams holes)

Drafts for Future: These teams tend to draft players that fit in their system and have high potential (Higher Development trait, higher intangible rating)

Balanced Draft: These teams tend to draft for need, except when exceptional talent is still available (Tends to draft for need unless a stud is still on the board)

NFL Teams typically fit into one of the above categories when drafting, though I would say most are probably the 'Draft for Need' type. Little touches like this would go a long way toward improving the experience

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »