Home

Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit?

This is a discussion on Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit?

Quote:
It's been brought to my attention that the TE double streak out of 'Ace' especially is effective due to being able to lead the TE inside or outside based on where the defender is.

I HAVE not had a chance to look into it in detail and was wondering if anyone has thoughts or opinions, with the leagues kickoff last night it came up, it was mentioned in the pre-season as far as being effective but it wasn't reviewed thoroughly with all of the league staff, but last night I was informed that apparently there is a youtube tutorial which I'll try to find to get a better idea.

My understanding is it works best vs man, I do not know how effective it is vs zone, keep thoughts and opinions respectable, and as always no name dropping, thanks.
Any of you guys have any opinions, or experiences dealing with this?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit?

Yes, TE's in general are overpowered this year. Example I can give you is last night, I was playing a game online. Skins vs 49ers. I was using the 49ers. I called a 2 man under out of a nickel formation. I manually covered Skins TE, Fred Davis. I used the the defensive assist button. Davis ran an out pattern to the sideline. As soon as he cut, the player I was controlling was still backing up even after Davis made his cut. Davis of course caught the ball. A few plays later, I call the same play. This time I manually covered Santana Moss in the slot. He ran the exact same pattern, out route to the sideline. The player I was controlling did not continue to back up after he made his cut. Play was broken up by the defender. Both cases I used the defensive assist button, both cases I used the same player, Patrick Willis.

TE's seem to have some sort of programming bug that allows them to beat their defender. Could be by design, but yea, to answer your question sir, TE's on streaks in any ace formation with precision passing will most always be open. At least in man coverage. A 2 deep saftey play will help contain it, but a Vernon Davis type TE will beat that coverage.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
Yes, TE's in general are overpowered this year. Example I can give you is last night, I was playing a game online. Skins vs 49ers. I was using the 49ers. I called a 2 man under out of a nickel formation. I manually covered Skins TE, Fred Davis. I used the the defensive assist button. Davis ran an out pattern to the sideline. As soon as he cut, the player I was controlling was still backing up even after Davis made his cut. Davis of course caught the ball. A few plays later, I call the same play. This time I manually covered Santana Moss in the slot. He ran the exact same pattern, out route to the sideline. The player I was controlling did not continue to back up after he made his cut. Play was broken up by the defender. Both cases I used the defensive assist button, both cases I used the same player, Patrick Willis.

TE's seem to have some sort of programming bug that allows them to beat their defender. Could be by design, but yea, to answer your question sir, TE's on streaks in any ace formation with precision passing will most always be open. At least in man coverage. A 2 deep saftey play will help contain it, but a Vernon Davis type TE will beat that coverage.
Yes, too many people rely on this to the point that it also seems as if the defenders do not react at all to the button presses to defend such a play. I believe its more to do with the LEAD PASSING MECHANICS than it does the TEs on the field.

Also, to backup my point, I see people doing this with WRs at the TE position with great success and when I go to manually put a man on one of the TE's he doesnt cover him at all most of the time, he still plays like he is in zone instead of man coverage.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

I've run across this tactic a lot (And I use it myself to cheese the computer in my Player CCM) and it's completely overpowered against zone unless you put the linebacker in a deep blue. Otherwise you'll be able to precision pass it down and inside every time for a guaranteed 15-20 yard gain.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Any of you guys have any opinions, or experiences dealing with this?
I don't have a problem with the IDEA of lead passing to TE's on streaks. Whai I have the issue with is defensive movement, awareness and linebackers looking at footballs that could hit them in their damn face mask but they do nothing even when I switch and press and hold the Y button such that my controller's life extension is in jeapordy. The fact that the linebacker or safety does nothing is th biggest issue.

The other issue is that the defenders do not play with any technique. It is just movement with no technique in my eyes.

The other big issue here is the subbing of speed WRs in at TE. That needs to get gone.

One way they could fix it is to delay the icon and not allow the TE or WR lined up at TE to be ready for the pass until he is up the field more. The problem this solution will open up is the blitz. I have some footage of this stuff that I will contribute. It is not like the defenders do not shadow, they just cannot move like offensive players can to get to the football and make a play. Offensive locomotion needs to be tuned to get offensive players off a damn swivel and swerving mechanic and make them plant and lean if they are changing directions or altering their path.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Another way the can deal with this within the framework of zone coverage is to have the linebackers in zone chuck the TE's. If the linebacker on the line of scrimmage is in hook, buzz or flat, the could have him chuck the TE and the release him slowing down the timing. Or they can have them chuck then shadow them up the field. They cannot say the do not have that animation in the game because they've showcased it in NCAA. Chuck and release and chuck and shadow. They have the solution to the problem. Will they implement it?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Another way the can deal with this within the framework of zone coverage is to have the linebackers in zone chuck the TE's. If the linebacker on the line of scrimmage is in hook, buzz or flat, the could have him chuck the TE and the release him slowing down the timing. Or they can have them chuck then shadow them up the field. They cannot say the do not have that animation in the game because they've showcased it in NCAA. Chuck and release and chuck and shadow. They have the solution to the problem. Will they implement it?
I just got beat by a guy who just done this to me online, his final play to seal the deal was the 2TE streaks and the RB out of the backfield run str8 thru the LOS unchallenged and he lead passed to the RB with like 4 guys surrounding him and none of them even bothered to try and swat the ball.

On the opposite end of this spectrum, his defenders were warping to swat passes they had no business doing. I ran a 3wr set and sent manningham on a streak while my opponent was in 3-4, Manningham ran right by the inside LB and the OLB and I threw to the 5yd gap in between them and the MLB just warped and swatted the ball down and i had to punt. Cant get them to do this to save my life on streak from the TE position to save my life. Lost many games due to this and its frustratin because everyone is doing it and even if you do manage to stop it, they keep doing no matter what hoping it will eventually work like it has been for them.

Sad man, this is one of the biggest issues I have thats holding this game back from being great again to me. With this fixed, then its really more skilled game online instead of the cheese fest it is now with the way its implemented now. Especially seeing how the TE isnt even looking for the ball when they make these throws to know its been thrown 5yds away from him on any shoulder
Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd lean towards yes. I played some dude online that would do a quick pop pass when he needed a first. It was automatic that this square would do it. I always control a safety and I picked it off twice. A majority of the other times my defender wouldn't do squat. I eventually said eff this and backed out and took out my anger with some Modern Warfare haha It's so hard to enjoy sports games online nowadays, whether it's with the servers being butt, or dudes going for exploits. I pretty much just stick to playing my friends online for the time being. I'm just glad to get my Connected Career started with my GIANTS.

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »