Home

Which overall is correct?

This is a discussion on Which overall is correct? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Which overall is correct?

So I was playing my Bears CCM and I went into a game and noticed none of my players overalls match what they were before the game. Now some went up but most were down. The only thing I can think of is during the game it shows the players rating based on scheme. If this is true I wish the player ratings outside of the game would reflect their overalls based on scheme. The only reason I say that is because my cornerback goes from a 76 to a 59.

Anyone else notice this and/or have a better explanation?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Which overall is correct?

I'm fairly certain it's the other way around. In-game is their 'real' overall, while out of game is their scheme overall.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

The real answer is, they are all correct.

OVR ratings are used to reflect a player's ability at any given time and/or situation.

First, they change because of your player position scheme. If you like Pocket Passers then Peyton Manning would be a 95 and Vince Young would be a 72 but if your scheme is set to West Coast then VY is all of a sudden a 83 and Manning is only a 87. However, do not take these changes to mean that Manning will play that much worse in a game, he won't , he'll still be Manning, but since you chose to look through the "West Coast QB" magnifying glass then he does not "look" the same.

Second, the OVRs change in-game to reflect hot/cold streaks, good/bad games, etc. These OVRs do reflect actual game play. If you have a CB who is usually 89 and you get in the game and he is 82, well he is just not going to have as good a game as he normally does. He could also show up as a 95 if he is on a hot streak also. You can change your depth chart in game accordingly if you think he's not worth it during a cold streak, or if your #2 is closely rated to your #1 but #2 is on a hot streak so he's actually performing 8 points higher in this game than yr #1.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
The real answer is, they are all correct.

OVR ratings are used to reflect a player's ability at any given time and/or situation.

First, they change because of your player position scheme. If you like Pocket Passers then Peyton Manning would be a 95 and Vince Young would be a 72 but if your scheme is set to West Coast then VY is all of a sudden a 83 and Manning is only a 87. However, do not take these changes to mean that Manning will play that much worse in a game, he won't , he'll still be Manning, but since you chose to look through the "West Coast QB" magnifying glass then he does not "look" the same.

Second, the OVRs change in-game to reflect hot/cold streaks, good/bad games, etc. These OVRs do reflect actual game play. If you have a CB who is usually 89 and you get in the game and he is 82, well he is just not going to have as good a game as he normally does. He could also show up as a 95 if he is on a hot streak also. You can change your depth chart in game accordingly if you think he's not worth it during a cold streak, or if your #2 is closely rated to your #1 but #2 is on a hot streak so he's actually performing 8 points higher in this game than yr #1.
Is there a way to see which players are on a hot/cold streak without being in the game?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
Is there a way to see which players are on a hot/cold streak without being in the game?
nope, the hot or cold streak happens on game day to reflect players that are sunday players, or, are just on streaks, so nope. You can see them any time you hit start during a game though.

Oh, and I'm not sure, but I think I may have had a streak change in the middle of a game from cold to hot because i was throwing to him a lot, but I need to verify that (or someone else can verify)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »