Home

Can we get a tuner update for the defense?

This is a discussion on Can we get a tuner update for the defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Can we get a tuner update for the defense?

I love the game overall in the way it looks and plays. I feel they did a great job with the IE especially in its first year in American football. I feel every year however, eapecially this year, the game is skewed towards the offense. I'd like to see if the tuners actually work, maybe EA can bump up pass coverage both man and zone, and tighten up tackling and pursuit angles.

In an attemp to stop "nanos", you cannot even manually move a defender where u need him, because once u click off of him he reverts to his old position on the field. They way to stop people from abusing the games blocking AI isnt to further neuter the defense, its to FIX the blocking.

This is especially annoying since when u come out in a man defense, oftentimes the slot DB's and/or safeties in man line up on the opposite side of the field than the man they are assigned to cover. I dont understand why this is an issue every year. Now its worse this yr because when u do catch it, click on and move that DB over his ASSIGNED offensive player, once u click off he moves back.

Please give us defensive minded players some hope. Tune the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Can we get a tuner update for the defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmie
I love the game overall in the way it looks and plays. I feel they did a great job with the IE especially in its first year in American football. I feel every year however, eapecially this year, the game is skewed towards the offense. I'd like to see if the tuners actually work, maybe EA can bump up pass coverage both man and zone, and tighten up tackling and pursuit angles.

In an attemp to stop "nanos", you cannot even manually move a defender where u need him, because once u click off of him he reverts to his old position on the field. They way to stop people from abusing the games blocking AI isnt to further neuter the defense, its to FIX the blocking.

This is especially annoying since when u come out in a man defense, oftentimes the slot DB's and/or safeties in man line up on the opposite side of the field than the man they are assigned to cover. I dont understand why this is an issue every year. Now its worse this yr because when u do catch it, click on and move that DB over his ASSIGNED offensive player, once u click off he moves back.

Please give us defensive minded players some hope. Tune the defense.
The man thing happens every play when you're playing the Broncos. Peyton will audible out of everything and when he does he sends the receivers to the other side of the field. The safety covering the slot receiver will not move over, so the slot guy has a free run for over 5 yards unless you audible the defense as well. The safety should just follow the slot receiver over.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't think 'they' remember what tuners are supposed to be.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthedan
The man thing happens every play when you're playing the Broncos. Peyton will audible out of everything and when he does he sends the receivers to the other side of the field. The safety covering the slot receiver will not move over, so the slot guy has a free run for over 5 yards unless you audible the defense as well. The safety should just follow the slot receiver over.
you can remedy this by doing a coverage audible. Just audible your defense to man align and they realign properly. I am glad it is handled like this and not automatic. Watch a Peyton Manning game and after he audilbes you will see the defense communicate with each other to check proper assignments.

Having said that, the defense does need some work. EA needs to give us back defensive assignments. They claimed this year it automatically goes best on best but that was a load of crap. Teams that use creative personnel packages in their playbook move their players around (I do not mean they use packages, I mean in their default playbook they have formations where their #1 WR lines up in the slot or something). What end ups happening is that their #1 Wr gets a matchup advantage and it annoys me.

However, at least as far as CC goes, EA better not "boost" user defense at all. The cpu offense is already incompetent and unable to offer a good challenge. Boosting pass coverage would make that worse.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
you can remedy this by doing a coverage audible. Just audible your defense to man align and they realign properly. I am glad it is handled like this and not automatic. Watch a Peyton Manning game and after he audilbes you will see the defense communicate with each other to check proper assignments.

Having said that, the defense does need some work. EA needs to give us back defensive assignments. They claimed this year it automatically goes best on best but that was a load of crap. Teams that use creative personnel packages in their playbook move their players around (I do not mean they use packages, I mean in their default playbook they have formations where their #1 WR lines up in the slot or something). What end ups happening is that their #1 Wr gets a matchup advantage and it annoys me.

However, at least as far as CC goes, EA better not "boost" user defense at all. The cpu offense is already incompetent and unable to offer a good challenge. Boosting pass coverage would make that worse.
Coverage audible/man align does not remedy what im talking about. When i see my opponent come out in 3 or 4 WR sets and i come out in man quarters to match, man align does not work here. Only thing that will is a quick flip of the formation or audible to a zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmie
Coverage audible/man align does not remedy what im talking about. When i see my opponent come out in 3 or 4 WR sets and i come out in man quarters to match, man align does not work here. Only thing that will is a quick flip of the formation or audible to a zone.
That part of my post was directed to the guy talking about Peyton audibling.

You are talking about something different. What you are saying is lets say you have a cover 1 blitz where the SS is assigned to the TE or slot. But if they are both lined up on the weakside of the formation the SS stays on his side of the field instead of shifting over to get on top of his man. That needs to be fixed. Usually it happens with either cover one or cover zero blitzes against overload formations like tripps strong.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
That part of my post was directed to the guy talking about Peyton audibling.

You are talking about something different. What you are saying is lets say you have a cover 1 blitz where the SS is assigned to the TE or slot. But if they are both lined up on the weakside of the formation the SS stays on his side of the field instead of shifting over to get on top of his man. That needs to be fixed. Usually it happens with either cover one or cover zero blitzes against overload formations like tripps strong.
Exactly. Not only limited to cover 1 or cover 0, happens while in quarters man 2.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
The cpu offense is already incompetent and unable to offer a good challenge. Boosting pass coverage would make that worse.

I find this hard to believe, what sliders are you using, and difficulty level?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »