Home

Remember when the dev team said no more supermen on D?

This is a discussion on Remember when the dev team said no more supermen on D? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 25
Cushing has 6 picks on the year from that.... I'm in week 3.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Remember when the dev team said no more supermen on D?

@wheelman990, great post sir. Clear visual evidence of that play but people will explain away whatever they want to. Like I said, if someone isn't bothered by this or honestly hasn't experienced it, good for them but I don't see why they feel the need to try to "explain" it away to others.

I really don't think there is any limitations to what animations players can access based on ratings or position in Madden and that seems to be allowing these types of things, Then there is the point you made about no player likely being able to make that play, especially contorting his body like that but even if they could it's a spectacular catch animation so why is it a routine trigger?

I think the proof of a complete lack of ratings and position based animation variation stems from the famous, infamous in Madden, David Tyree catch, that triggered routinely. These are the type of things that make some people question the talent level at Tiburon but I think again comes back to intentional design decisions to make the game "fun". Like that forearm shiver tackle, shoulder charge or whatever it is that's still in the game, that looks like something out of wrestling. They take spontaneous unscripted rare moments and turn them into routine animations in Madden. Yet things that are routine to football, like various techniques, end zone celebrations, certain penalties, nagging injuries, etc are seldom seen or completely nonexistent.

There is NO WAY to make an unrealistic NFL simulation video game, it's like being a little pregnant, it has to be one or the other. Either Madden is trying to be a NFL simulation video game or unrealistic and at this point it is clear which.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Wheelman, I have no issue with you thinking the play is messed up. But...if you seriously think that the linebacker in that video jumped "4-5 ft"...um...lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Wheelman, I have no issue with you thinking the play is messed up. But...if you seriously think that the linebacker in that video jumped "4-5 ft"...um...lol.
He's at least 3 feet off the ground in full pads. Regardless thats some amazing jumping ability.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #37
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Ok...If you say so.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 0

Its funny how you guys are bashing the OP, but most never ventured into an online game or played an aggressive style of football outside of freestyle.

I have seen this all the time and if not, we could arrange a night where we all meet up in the OS community and play some games and see if anyone would still feel the OP is full of it.

There's alot of legacy issues that are rearing their ugly heads the more and more you play this game. Sad the first 2 weeks of release are its best times to play this game.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #39
Just started!

OVR: 0

This is the single most frustrating aspect of the game. On all-pro level, LBs can do this with ease, almost every single chance. I even tried turning the INT slider all the way down. It seems that when the game decides it is going to initiate the spectacular catch animation, it's going to catch it no matter what. I don't have any ways to film a video, but for example:
If I run Bench out of Snugs formation, my favorite play to beat man to man, about a third of the time, the db on the outside man will jump up and intercept a ball thrown to the slant receiver. This is from shotgun, so already 5 yards back or so, the out man goes about 5 yards out and cuts.. So the Db is already at least 10 yards down the field from me. I throw to the slant receiver close to the sideline, about 20 yards from me. So a LB can jump up, at the apex of a 20 yard throw and get a perfect catch? Oh yeah and all the time he is watching his man. He has to superman jump right when I release, for a ball that is at least 10 ft in the air... And then catch a ball thrown from my qb, which has a 92 throw power rating... Oh and if I pump fake, he doesn't bite at all. The best wide receiver in the league couldn't make that catch!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »