Home

The Art Of Juking

This is a discussion on The Art Of Juking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7
The Art Of Juking

I didnt realize how much Madden/Ncaa's juking system lacked until my online madden league mates talked me into trying NHL 13. This game's Deke(jukes w/ puck) system has what seems like thousands of different combinations you can pull off to get past a defender. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVLxo...eature=related

Madden/Ncaa's juke system is bare even by Ps2 standards. I remember when you could pull off a quick or hard juke depending on
how much pressure you used with L1 or R1. Now it seems we only have 4 jukes.

-Long side Juke (most common)
-Quick juke
-Left, Right juke
- Side juke into spin (by juking one way w/ RS then rolling it down to the other side)

These are simply not enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Art Of Juking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I didnt realize how much Madden/Ncaa's juking system lacked until my online madden league mates talked me into trying NHL 13. This game's Deke(jukes w/ puck) system has what seems like thousands of different combinations you can pull off to get past a defender. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVLxo...eature=related

Madden/Ncaa's juke system is bare even by Ps2 standards. I remember when you could pull off a quick or hard juke depending on
how much pressure you used with L1 or R1. Now it seems we only have 4 jukes.

-Quick juke
-Left, Right juke
- Side juke into spin (by juking one way w/ RS then rolling it down to the other side)

These are simply not enough.
I completely agree with this! There definitely arent enough moves that can be pulled off. For a game that tries to give the user as much control as possible it severely lacks in actual different control inputs and the animations to go along with them.

Also think they should completely do away with that big juke animation, that thing is horrible and has been in madden for far too long.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Agree it would definitely be nice to get some realistic variety for runners to avoid defensive contact. And could not agree more atc43, I stopped using the juke because 9 times out of 10 that huge juke animation puts you into more harm that it gets you out of.

Quote:
-Quick juke <-- Is this even possible? If so, what are you guys doing to get a quick juke?
-Left, Right juke

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 09-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just ease up off the left stick to slow down to make my change of direction move. juke hasn't ever been right to me. how can the ball carrier not be able to to do a stutter step yet? im still hoping though.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Yeah. it's time it gets some attention. Plus the players that have a high juke ability could also do a better variety of jukes smoothly while players with lower juke would stumble over their feet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
-Quick juke <-- Is this even possible? If so, what are you guys doing to get a quick juke?
-Left, Right juke
Yes its possible it depends on the angle and speed you are running. I've seen it a couple times but I miss the times when I dictated the type of juke instead of the CPU.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Yes its possible it depends on the angle and speed you are running. I've seen it a couple times but I miss the times when I dictated the type of juke instead of the CPU.
Thanks Hiro. So it's much more hit and miss I assume being that you can't always trigger the way you could when there was dedicated button?

PSN: Sixty5South

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »