Home

Have you ever seen the computer pick "kickoff?"

This is a discussion on Have you ever seen the computer pick "kickoff?" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Patriots always defer.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Have you ever seen the computer pick "kickoff?"

In the video game world the prevailing line of thought is that if you want to receive to start the 3rd quarter in case your are down. Theoretically both offenses could score every possession and you don't want them having two in a row.

Well, thats insane and doesn't happen. The vast majority of teams want the ball to start the game. Its just how it works.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyoutofthecold
In the video game world the prevailing line of thought is that if you want to receive to start the 3rd quarter in case your are down. Theoretically both offenses could score every possession and you don't want them having two in a row.

Well, thats insane and doesn't happen. The vast majority of teams want the ball to start the game. Its just how it works.
But Madden is supposed to be a video game about the real world. And in the real world, a handful of teams defer
Old 09-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

No and this is super unrealistic. If you truly understand football then you would pick kick everytime. That is what I do because I can actually understand the benefit of doing that.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
No and this is super unrealistic. If you truly understand football then you would pick kick everytime. That is what I do because I can actually understand the benefit of doing that.
Don't agree with every time, but it is a great strategy to have. Sometimes you want to set the tone with your dominant offense, say if you are playing an away game. Take the crowd out of it and put more pressure on their own offense if you get a first quick score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #22
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

John Fox, Bill Belichick, and probably some more head coaches always defers in real life. And no, I have never seen the CPU do this in Madden.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

my first priority is to have the wind behind me in the 4th qtr, and getting that right as its not obvious is a gamble.
im defense minded, i like having the initiative after the half so when possi kick if i win the toss, in nfl hc06 on the pc i had the wind in 4th qtr option to make it easier.

if i can cause a 3 and out on their first drive i think that sets a tone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »