Home

Poll: If you could only have one or the other, not both which would you rather play?

This is a discussion on Poll: If you could only have one or the other, not both which would you rather play? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If you could play only one type, not both, which would you rather play?
Player based sim--see full description in thread. 27 58.70%
Coach based sim--see full description in thread. 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Poll: If you could only have one or the other, not both which would you rather play?

1) A player based sim where the on-field action was determined by real-time physics and unscripted actions determined by the user controlled player (Franchise Modes would still be included but be based on ability to manipulate/control all 32 teams, including actual NFL roster update downloads)

2) A coach based sim where the on-field action was determined by ratings/environment/algorithms determined and presented as animated pre-scripted scenes. (Franchise Mode would be based on managing rosters/salaries/players/draft/offseason [think Head Coach 09]without being able to control manipulate all 32 teams, however, maybe a player vs player type franchise mode could be included where once you chose the two franchises, then none of the other 30 could be manipulated/controlled)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Poll: If you could only have one or the other, not both which would you rather pl

Much closer in voting now that I worded it correctly... 4-5 so far... It was 96% for ratings style on the other poll.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Poll: If you could only have one or the other, not both which would you rather pl

Well now see...the way you have it worded here, I'd want one of both of these games, if they were both done equally well!

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

* brah you gotta combine both
Old 09-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
MVP

Emm can correct me if I'm wrong here, but from how I understand what he's said, you can not truly have both in one module. The engine to create a coach's sim where the players use canned animations based on ratings is not compatible with an unscripted, physics based engine. Think of them as being on the same slider and 50/50 doesn't give either side what they are looking for.

Ideallygronk, we would have two modes to choose from in the same game, and like I said, there would be a franchise mode in the player mode also, but it would be based on control both of players and all 32 teams/rosters/ratings etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
Well now see...the way you have it worded here, I'd want one of both of these games, if they were both done equally well!
I know what you mean Dan, I would actually suffer through a few seasons of sim play like this especially if your movements were restricted by the player's ratings and you got to retire the player and use him as a coach in the coach mode. That really sounds like the perfect game, doesn't it?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

See, now I think the coach side is worded a bit unfairly! "animated pre-scripted scenes" I think when people read that, they may assume that the action on the field is not dynamic.

Either way, fun discussion! My vote would still be the coach mode. Obviously.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
See, now I think the coach side is worded a bit unfairly! "animated pre-scripted scenes" I think when people read that, they may assume that the action on the field is not dynamic.

Either way, fun discussion! My vote would still be the coach mode. Obviously.
Oh, I hope people don't read it that way, because to me "animated pre-scripted scenes" means AMAZING realism!! They could have hundreds of animations for every type of play, and could even use cgi/video so you literally would barely be able to tell you weren't watching a real game! The sim engine runs everything underneath as far as "what" happens, but the graphics we see would be very pretty paper!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »