Home

BUYING a USED COPY of Madden or a NEW copy...differences?

This is a discussion on BUYING a USED COPY of Madden or a NEW copy...differences? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
BUYING a USED COPY of Madden or a NEW copy...differences?

I know EA used to force users to buy new copies of their games over the last few years by including a game code that you had to redeem to play online and stuff like that....Is that the same this year or did they do away with that?

What would I be missing from the game if I purchased it used from Gamestop rather than new??

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: BUYING a USED COPY of Madden or a NEW copy...differences?

its the same.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 09-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32
Well... You would be missing a good bit without the online pass, because in order to get good franchise play, you would probably need to go online. Offline has got some issues that cannot be fixed until after the patch. I believe the online pass can be purchased separate for like 10.00
Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
Banned

what game content specifically would i miss without the pass?.....In the demo main menu, I see alot of clickable boxes

Would I have access to Ultimate Team, All Time Great Platers? ect?

Since the whole concept between offline and online mode is blurred, what offline franchise elements will I be missing out on if I dont have the redeemable code??

Im really debating whether its worth it to buy the used Madden they have at $44 now vs a new one at $59

Another element at play is I dont subscribe to XBOX LIVE GOLD so Im wondering if its even worth it to have a redeemable code from EA if I only have SILVER....anyone want to chime in here?
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

no xbox live gold ..then dont get the pass as you will be unable to do alot of that stuff..all time greats you will have ....mut you want,no madden moments,,,and some more...to put firm no online pass&live you have half a game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Without online, you get play now, and ****ty offline CCM. Honestly isn't worth it without online i would say. I haven't been able to get in a good came of CCM offline. Also, you won't be able to use most legends, no ultimate team, no madden moments.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Zmurkz's Arena

OVR: 0

A used copy should let you do pretty much everything except online CCM, update rosters and only a part of ultimate team. I don't have the online pass for madden 11 and I can do everything in ultimate team except play online matches. You can still get your team and play the CPU. I would assume its the same for M13. I may be wrong though.

I don't think you'll have access to madden moments either. You could buy a used copy then buy the online pass separately for around 10 Dollars, I can't remember how much it is in pounds. You also said you have silver not gold, which means even with theonline pass you still won't be able to play online CCM or Online ultimate team. I may be wrong, but I dont think you can update rosters with a silver account either.

Last edited by Zmurkz; 09-21-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
Banned

ok thanks for the tips.....wait a sec, I cant download simple roster updates from EA without a redeemable code????

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »