Home

How much weight do I put in projected picks?

This is a discussion on How much weight do I put in projected picks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: How much weight do I put in projected picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve mcgeeno
A quick thing to understand:

WR's, CB's and DT's are undervalued. Its why there are always good ones on the FA wire, and I've seen 1.27 WR's go in round 4. I picked up a 3.2 DT in the fifth, first/second round CB's in the back half of the 5th round etc.

The need positions will go a round to a half round earlier from what I've seen.

OL goes early, OLB's and safeties too. Ruckus Cage the basketball playing TE went almost a full round early in one of my sims. I know this because I traded to 3.1 to get him and be saft (He was rated 3.31) and he went with the last pick in round two IIRC.
You do realize that is not because they are necessarily undervalued, but that there is a larger supply of them right? WR CB and DTs and RBs often are gems in the late rounds because there are so many of them where the other positions do not transfer as well from College to Pro.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #10
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How much weight do I put in projected picks?

simple rule. watch the positions. if its cpu against you, make sure you take the guy you want at the positions they target early every darn time. hint: its not corner.

if its vs humans, my strategy is to trade up whenever there is a "cpu" team and just get my guy, I know the league is full of sharks, there will be a good 10 others who know just like I do that there is a 6th rd safety with star development who will go in rd 1 to the first of those people who needs a safety the most.

I have a draft coming up as the colts after our first year(pre vonte davis ) its the dunson draft class. its not the best class for my team needs. I may take a 7th rd safety projected who has star development, even thought I have bethea, because hes just that good. but to do so, ill be using my 1st rd pick, otherwise, someone else would take the guy before my rd 2 pick, online, people do their homework

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »